The BBA Today #90 - A Tale of Two Cities

Podcasts and more!
RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

The BBA Today #90 - A Tale of Two Cities

Post by RonCo » Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:41 pm

Join Sacramento GM Ron Collins as he breaks down lat night's Katy Perry show for Boise GM Joe Lederer.

Oh, yeah. And maybe they discuss the minor little BBA Baseball stuff that might have happened last night, too. And then take a deep-dive, position-by-position breakdown of the 2056 Monty Brewster Memorial Series between Charm City and Twin Cities. It's a tale of two cities for the ages!

Stick around to hear the bumper music and you'll get a fun little bit of "real" baseball trivia.

*** And, yeah, I did test out my rig and, in the testing, everything was just fine. Alas, like all things postseason, the end results did not match expectations...so once again, again, sorry in advance for the raggy audio on my line. Back to the damned drawing board. ****

GET IT HERE
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: The BBA Today #90 - A Tale of Two Cities

Post by jleddy » Sun Aug 06, 2023 2:10 pm

Given the Katy Perry references and in the tradition of assigning a player to the episode number, the alternative title of this pod could be "I Kissed Akiru and I Liked It".

The best Brewster player to don #90 is Akiru Matsumoto, whose 31.9 career WAR edges fellow 90ers Mark Catron (25.3) and Drees Geestman (21.1).

Matsumoto was a veteran of 13 seasons in the BBA, mostly in Louisville. Matsumoto, a 6’6 switch-hitting first baseman, retired with a lifetime batting average of .313, impressive no matter what jersey number. The Clearwater, FL native was solid in the field with a line-drive stroke at the plate that tallied his fair share of singles and doubles. Known as one of the smartest players during his playing days, Matsumoto’s career culminated in an All-Star appearance in 1999, during a season in which he slashed .319/.378/.499.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

ae37jr
BBA GM

Post by ae37jr » Sun Aug 06, 2023 4:01 pm

Had a lot of fun listening.

Obviously I can't talk about the Charm City series yet. But I do want to note that my current depth charts are custom to Sacramento. I wanted to get as much defense as I could in against all their groundball/singles hitters. Earlier in the playoffs I had Ramos at 2B, Rivera at 3B, Falchonelli in CF, and another bat at DH against more flyball/HR oriented offenses. Although I don't know if that changes any of the position battles.

So Kelsey Perry is really 4th on my 2B depth chart behind Ramos/Encarnacion/Venegas. That said, he may or not be starting in the Brewster because I want to get every out I can against this potent lineup.
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

jleddy
Ex-GM

Post by jleddy » Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:02 pm

recte44 wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 8:57 pm
Wednesday, November 3rd , 2055
LF Tadataka Yoshikawa of the Charm City Jimmies honored: Wins the 2055 Monty Brewster Memorial Series MVP Award.
Obviously my declaration that Yoshikawa would be the series MVP wasn't out of left field (no pun intended), but I just had a feeling he'd go off.
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Brewster Broadcasting Network”