Poblanotes 50.1- Richie and Carlos

GM: Brandon Slouck

Moderator: bcslouck

chicoruiz
BBA GM

Poblanotes 50.1- Richie and Carlos

Post by chicoruiz » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:59 pm

Every day after their work shifts end, Chilis fans Richie and Carlos meet at a local tavern for a few cold ones. Maybe more than a few. As we join them, they are more than a few beers in, and have just seen El Paso GM Chico Ruiz on the bar TV saying that "our team is set for 2050"...

Richie: Can you believe that s***? Another crummy team, and he's just basically rolling it out again for another cruddy season! What a loser!

Carlos: Ahh, at least they've been getting a little better every year... "Course it wouldn't take much to get better after that s*** show of a couple of years ago...

Richie: I mean, the worst pitching staff in the Brewster and not a single change made... Why didn't they make an effort to sign Willenwuber... I mean Wolvenwilver...

Carlos: Man, you can't even say his name...

Richie: I could two Lone Stars ago... Anyway, you can tell Ruiz doesn't have the stones to pry enough cash out of ownership to sign some real players...

Carlos: I dunno about that... He signed Chenowith last year, and he did okay. And we got Sanchez, didn't we? He's a ballplayer, either at second or short...

Richie: Yeah, one or the other, but not both. We needed both; shoulda signed Andrade too. Havin' holes at second and short and only fillin' one of them is like havin' a heart attack and only gettin' shocked with one paddle...

Carlos: I'm just sayin' we could be better still this year; maybe close to .500. And if we signed all the guys you want us to sign, ticket prices would be so high that working stiffs like us couldn't afford to go to a game... especially with that crummy job you got.

Richie: Hey now, don't be talkin' s*** about my career...

Carlos: Career??? Man, you pick up roadkill for the city. That ain't a career. You're the only guy in West Texas that used a snow shovel every day...

Richie: Like your job is so much better... mucking out septic tanks...

Carlos: Hey, it's just sticking a hose into a nasty, smelly hole. But you'd know all about that; I've seen your wife...

At this point, an attempted fistfight breaks out, but it cannot be successfully waged due to both participants seeing double or triple at this point in the evening. The other patrons of the bar ignore it, knowing that Richie and Carlos will be back at these same stools tomorrow, acting as though nothing ever happened.
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

Return to “Rocky Mountain Oysters”