Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

59.014 – Barkin Boo-Boo Throws Wrench Into Plans Again

Post by RonCo » Mon May 06, 2024 3:45 pm

Off Topic
Veteran Shortstop Out for Opening Day
Williams More Confident This Time

February 26, 2059: Catalina Island – Two days into spring training and already the Bikini Krill front office are getting answers to their questions. Unfortunately, the question that’s answered was “how long before Larry Barkin gets hurt again?” and the answer was “not long.”

Barkin sprained a thumb on a force out at second when Lumberjack runner Mauro Herrera gave some kind of weird slide as if he might be able to avoid the force.

“Just a freak play,” Barkin said, dejectedly icing the throbbing wound. “Doc Izzy says that these things can be up to two months to get right. I’m just sick right now.”

The team announced it could be seven weeks before Barkin would be able to play, which means the veteran would likely miss at least the first two weeks of the season, and maybe more if a rehab were required, which, given that Barkin will miss all spring, one assumes would be in the works. That leaves the role open for rookie Keith Williams to take on. The switch-hitter from Ohio seems excited.

“I’ve dreamed of being a big league baseball player since I was a kid hearing stories of Lucas McNeill and the Nine. He’s the guy that got me switch-hitting to begin with. So, you know, I hate to get the chance because of an injury. That’s the game, though. All I can do is be ready and try to keep the team winning. I know I struggled with the speed of the game up here last time, but I feel stronger now. I think I'm ready.”

He hit .271 with a home run in 190 plate appearances last year, his debut in the league.

“We know Keith can play. I expect him to step up and make the team better,” said manager Richard Lawson.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

ae37jr
BBA GM

Re: 59.014 – Barkin Boo-Boo Throws Wrench Into Plans Again

Post by ae37jr » Mon May 06, 2024 5:26 pm

Larry Barkin just got Pally Wipp'ed
Alan Ehlers
GM of the Twin Cities River Monster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Bikini Krill”