GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

58.036 – Bikini Adds “Little Hurt” to Coaching Staff

Post by RonCo » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:01 pm

Off Topic
Workman Relieved of Duties

July 4, 2058: Forever Land: With the Krill sitting at #5 in wOBA and #2 in Home Runs around the Frick League, but only 12th in runs scored, the Bikini front office announced today that hitting coach Chris Workman has been relieved of his duties, to be replaced by Hall of Famer Frank “Little Hurt” Thomas.

“We thank Chris for the effort he’s put in with our team, and wish him well going forward,” said GM Ron Collins. “But it’s not every day you can add a guy with the pedigree that Frank brings to the team, so this is a move we all felt we had to make.”

The news was greeted with bittersweet happiness by most of the team.

“I hate that Chris has gotten saddled with the idea that we aren’t scoring because of him, but I admit that just one conversation with Frank has already turned my brain on in a different way,” said rookie Napolean Mellott. “I’m really excited to get to talk hitting with him.”

Team insiders say that the issues they’ve had with younger hitters over the past two seasons were causing some to question if Workman was the guy for the job on the atoll. This season, the issues that both Pedro Jimenez and Kata Ishibashi (now back in AAA) have had adjusting to the big league game, were unexpected. That Rich Dares has also reverted to his pre-Charlotte self hasn’t helped anything, we’re sure.

The move is the latest in a string of actions that has seen the team revamp a majority of their staff, including adding Ludo Bonaiucta as Richard Lawson's bench coach, and Alberto Lara as the team's third base coach and running instructor.

"We like the gang we're putting together," Collins said. "It's a little rambunctious in staff sessions, but I think that's good. Everyone's got an opinion."

It's far too early to say anything, of course, but since Thomas joined the team, the Krill have outscored their opponents 26-18.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”