GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

57.106– Kamloops Achieves Record “Above Sea Level”

Post by RonCo » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:56 pm

Off Topic
Bikini AA Team Shocks Locals

September 12, 2057: Kamloops, British Columbia – I have to admit that until a short while back, I had no idea that a city named Kamloops existed, bar yet that it was part of British Columbia in Canada. That said, if you asked where a city named Kamloops would be, I’m willing to bet even money that “Canada” would be the #1 answer. With “Australia” close behind.

Locals there seem to like it that way.

“It’s good to be sliding along under the surface,” said Maeve Belle, a window washer for the general township. “It’s nicer that way, you knows? No one really to get in the way, eh? Too much winning leads to bad things if you ask me. Gotta keep that record below sea level.”

That’s why the news that this season’s version of the Kamloops Moops (what is a Moop, anyway? A Google gives me several quite fun answers, but I’ll not ruin the experience for you…have at it)…anyway, that’s why this year’s version of the Moops is causing controversy by having actually won more games than it lost—something that hadn’t happened since 2043, and something that locals are not too fond of. Far better the traditional mindset of the status quo, which had seen the loveable Moops win between 30 and 60 games, and avoid the post season.

“Winning teams bring in a lot of baseball fans, and those people are just weird, yen knows,” Maeve continued. “Really undesirable when you get down to it. Always running around with their WAR games and their run expectancy charts, posting pictures of Aubrey Plaza or Anna Kendrick, and listening to stupid podcasts about Denny’s and Subaru. You can’t trust them. This team came withing four games of winning their division, and that would have meant they’d be in the playoffs.”

She shuddered.

“I don’t know what we’d a done if that happened. Probably call in the Mounties.”

When I then asked if she was a Vancouver fan, she gave me a side-eye that would have field dressed a moose, which, by the way, really should be something that you’d slang out as a “moop,” but apparently is not.

Regardless, the team won a lot of games this year, but locals are taking some comfort in the fact that most of their best players will probably move on to Pasco AAA in 2058, leaving the folks in Kamloops with players from Lime City, the club’s A-ball squad.

“Those guys were pretty bad, I hear (52-88), so at least we should be safe next year.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”