57.104– Bikini Fans Get To See AAA Stars!

GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

57.104– Bikini Fans Get To See AAA Stars!

Post by RonCo » Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:46 am

Off Topic
Earth’s Team Packing It In?

September 4, 2057: Twin Cities – Between a spate of injuries, and a grand total of 49 victories on the season, Bikini front office executives have apparently called for the team to batten down the hatches.

We say that because today manager Richard Lawson discussed the teams’ plans going into the last three weeks of the season, and reported an influx of pitchers would be coming into the clubhouse. Newly inked Jayden Nichols would likely join the starting rotation in place of injured Lucio Juarez, and that several other reliever would see considerable innings both due to the desire to protect bullpen arms and because several starters would see dramatically reduced workload.

“We’re going to keep Sam (Samuel Nebraska) and Enrique (the rehabilitating Enrique Aguilar) on a very short leash. Probably 50 pitches max. And no one sees any value in getting anyone hurt who we know is going to give us considerable time next year, so all those new guys will be expected to step up. Who knows, fans might be seeing our next big thing.”

Lawson also noted that aging shortstop Larry Barkin would probably see pine time, (“He’s under contract for a long time, you know? I think Ron [GM Ron Collins] would can me if I get him hurt now.”) and that oft-injured rookie phenom Graham Aubry, too, would likely sit. He noted both those players would be expected to mingle with the fans who attend, and that a good time will be had by all no matter what.

Hopes remain high, though, because it sounds like Wilson Andrade will be playing something close to full time, and he’s been hot as an oven in August. Also, perennial star Theo Bourges will be displaying his wares to other teams, likely fishing for the bigtime contract he deserves if he decides to opt out of his $15M contract this off season.

“It would be a shame if Theo did that,” Collins said in an earlier interview. Then his gaze got that far away look, and he gave a giddy giggle before snapping back. “He really does deserve someone to give him more than we can. He’s a truly great players. I wish him well.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”