GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

57.098– GM Confused by Linked-In Scam

Post by RonCo » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:16 am

Off Topic
Confesses to Being A "Mary Ann Guy"

August 28, 2057: Forever Land Park – With the team now officially playing out the string, Bikini Krill GM Ron Collins became aware that he’d been hoodwinked on the creakity old social media site called Linked In. “Someone told me the Phoenix GM had linked me, so I had the IT guys go back into the archives to find my old password, Then just clicked the invitation.”

Imagine his surprise to find the process he clicked on was not the from the Phoenix GM, but was instead a highly intelligent multi-targeted AI system weaponized to set itself to record all the goings-on in the office.

“We didn’t find out until one of our social media people fell into a rabbit hole and found a feed from the office,” Collins sheepishly admitted. “They said it was really kind of cool and that the feed had created a cult following because everyone was gathering at the link twice a day to watch the reruns of Gilligan’s Island that I like to use as a stress reliever. The cannibal episodes are so great. They apparently created a drinking game for whenever Mary Ann appears on screen, which seems like an interesting idea. I mean, it's not like I've got much else to do all year.”

The links are such a hit that the GM has decided to leave the feed active, and intends to give discount season ticket rates to viewers over the off season.

Collins did receive some internet training, though. “The problem was me,” he said. “I went to the site looking for ‘jiminyhopkins,’ and then just clicked and ran. I mean, who really uses Linked In these days, right? But when the news broke about the spyware, I went back to check things and saw that the other link had come from the Phoenix GM’s alter-avatar, a guy named Sean. Somehow Linked in had sent it to my spam folder. Go figure.”

Anyway, situation resolved.

Now you’ll excuse me while I catch the next episode of Gilligan's Island.

GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 57.098– GM Confused by Linked-In Scam

Post by Dington » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:18 am

Is Mary Ann the old version of Kate/Anna?
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 57.098– GM Confused by Linked-In Scam

Post by Jwalk100 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:25 pm

She's the original!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Bikini Krill”