GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

57.095– Pitching Staff Sees Late-Season Overhaul

Post by RonCo » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:58 pm

Off Topic
Trade Flurry Drives Roster Changes

August 28, 2057: Omaha – In preparation for tonight’s series opener with Omaha, Bikini Krill manager Richard Lawson discussed the new faces that the team will be welcoming into the clubhouse – faces that will primarily be focused on the pitching mound due to a blockbuster deal that saw reliever Joe Jackson sent to Long Beach when they said “I’ll buy that for a dollar!” and the return of starting pitcher Beeno Steeneveld to Montreal after the hurled indicated that he had no intention of reupping with the team.

“As a result, the Krill have assigned lefty veteran Carlos Silva (recently signed to a minor league deal) to the big league club, and purchased the contracts of both Howard Brown and Dvimurdhan Sameer from their AAA club in Pasco.

“I’m really excited to have the veteran leadership of Carlos,” Lawson said. “He’s had a bit of a whirlwind experience the past year or two [ed: including a stint with the franchise formerly in Seattle]. So first thing I did was call him up and tell him I wanted him in the rotation right away. I told Ron (general manager Ron Collins) that I’d love to extend Carlos a year if it would help him feel more comfortable here. But that’s really in his in-box, you know. I’m just the hired hand.”

Regardless, it appears Silva will step into Steeneveld’s role as a lefthanded starter. At 34 years old, he’s a veteran of several teams, and sports a 3.72 career ERA.

Brown spent some time in the Des Moines organization after being claimed in this season’s Rule 5 process. Since being returned he’s thrown well in AAA. No one is expecting him to blow BBA hitters away, but Lawson was happy to see him. “I’ve seen a lot of Howard earlier this year. He’s a guy who won’t walk many and keeps the ball in the park. We could use that.” The Krill is essentially the worst team in the league when it comes to issuing free passes. Or the best, depending on how you view that comment.

Sameer was released by the Chicago franchise last July after posting an 8.04 EAR in 15 AAA innings. Since being with Bikini, however, he’s turned it around with a 1.64 ERA in 5ive games. The scouting report says he throws 96 and keeps the ball on the ground.

“I’m excited to meet DeeVee,” Lawson said, using the 28-year-old’s nickname. “Everyone says he’s a guy who knows the game inside and out, and we can use a guy like that these days.”

Martinez To Return

Lawson also said that, despite him still needing a couple days to rehab a bad rib cage, the Krill was activating Manuel Martinez from the injured list. “We think he’s about ready. No rush, of course. But we can use a middle infielder, and the time is almost here. Might as well bring him in and have him in a day or three.”

With 29 games left in the season, it’s probably fair to say that audition time is here.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: 57.095– Pitching Staff Sees Late-Season Overhaul

Post by Jwalk100 » Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:20 pm

Unknown-1.jpeg
Unknown-1.jpeg (10.4 KiB) Viewed 344 times
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Bikini Krill”