GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

57.089– Binark Shows Spark

Post by RonCo » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:49 am

Off Topic
Personal Coach Says Top Pitching Prospect Progressing

August 22, 2057: Kamloops – At 24 years old, Mahmut Binark is getting a little long in the tooth to be called a real prospect, but we’ll stick with it for now because the team’s scouts are still saying they see big things in the kid’s future. And to be fair, that promise is finally starting to show up in his numbers.

“I think we can still afford to be patient with Mahmut, said the Kamloops Moops pitching coach Andre van Ineveld. “He’s made some real strides this year. The numbers (8-6, 4.28) are better, which I know everyone likes to see. But it goes deeper than that. I lot of good things are going on under the hood. Maybe it’ll take another year. We’ll see.”

Van Ineveld was brought into the organization when the parent club was sold and then moved to Bikini specifically to tend to the Krill’s top pitching prospect, and so far, so good.

“We’ve got to work on his command of the breaking stuff,” van Ineveld said. “While we’d love him to pick up a tick on the fastball, Mahmut isn’t going to make his living blowing hitters away. That was something we had to get onto the same page with. He was used to striking out a bunch of guys back in Izmir (Turkey), but I think I finally convinced him that the hitters here are a little different. Professional hitters hit. Once we got that settled, he’s really focused. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do with a good off-season program,.”

Appearance Needed Desperately

It probably goes without saying that the full development of Binark would go a long way toward righting the Bikini rotation. Scouts continue to rave about his upside, suggesting he’s the kind of pitcher who could roam the lower shelves of the “Ace” tier. If that happened anytime soon, the world would be a better place for “Earth’s Team.”

Samuel Nebraska, for example, would look nicer in the #2 slot than in the #1. And if Lúcio Juárez and the newly recovered Enrique Aguilar could slide down a notch, that would help, too.

Of course, they would all do better if the club could field a team of gloves, but that’s a topic for another article.

The team is apparently going to be without Rule 5 pick-up Beeno Steenveld next year, as the lefty is saying he’d prefer to take his chances in Free Agency. So in the interim the club has been auditioning the low-stamina-ed Alex Brayton in the #5 slot with varying results.

Regardless, Binark’s appearance would provide considerable value.

“I’m getting excited about my future again,” Binark said. “I admit I was getting a bit down. But I like what Andre says and how he says it. Maybe someone else was talking about the same things, but I think I’m getting it now.”

Krill fans can’t hardly wait.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”