GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

57.087– Third Baseman Licensed to Krill

Post by RonCo » Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:39 pm

Off Topic
Gui Contract Saga Ends in Happiness

July 29, 2057: Marshall Islands – It was a roller coaster of a ride, but as Run-ming Gui put ink to paper, everyone seemed happy. The 30-year-old infielder signed an extension today that adds on to the $7M player option he held for next year, ensuring that he’ll be with the team through the 2060 season. A mutual option and a player option could add as many as two additional years.

“I’m very excited by where this team is going,” Gui said. "We’ve got a lot of great guys in the clubhouse, so being a Krill is definitely a lot of fun already. I can’t wait to start winning.”

Gui, who is on target for his third straight season with 30 or more homers, said a big part of the agreement was that he would likely get to move back to third base where he is more comfortable. “I was happy to support my team by playing second base, but third is my home. It’s where I think I can help the team the best, and Ron (Collins) was clear to me that there was a plan to move me back before everything was done.”

In addition to automatically executing Gui’s $7.2M option for next season, the contract will front load $21M over the following two years, then provide a team option for a third at $8.2M and give Gui an option to stay for a fourth additional year at $9.5M.

Fans, who had been mounting an aggressive campaign to let the front office know they wanted a deal done, were immediately pleased. 24,000 fans attended tonight’s tilt with Hawaii, many wearing Gui jerseys and waving placards with Gui’s #34 emblazoned in the team’s light blue and orange color scheme. “This little piggie went to market,” some chanted, “this little piggy went to town! This little piggy went Gui! Gui! Gui! All the way home!”

We're not sure what that means, buit it seemed that everyone was having fun...and that's a win in the Krill's books.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”