GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

57.085 – Aubry Hitting Through Pain

Post by RonCo » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:03 pm

Off Topic
Hobbled Rookie On 20-Game Streak

July 31, 2057: Marshall Islands – An honest appraisal of the 2057 season says there really hasn’t been a lot for followers of Earth’s Team to cheer for. One of those, however, is rookie outfielder Graham Aubry who, at 22-years-old, has been playing gritty baseball out in left field, and simply continued to hit.

He was 2-5 with a triple in today’s match with the Hawaii Tropics, a game that the club eventually lost 3-1. But Aubry’s performance raised his batting average to .356 and built his hitting streak to 20 games. That .356 batting average would easily lead the Frick league, but given that injuries have ensured he’s only registered something north of 200 PA, it’s highly unlikely he’ll qualify for that title.

“He’s a fun guy to watch,” said manager Richard Lawson after the game. “I wish we had more like him. He keeps getting banged up, but every time he’s hurt he just seems to focus harder.”

Aubry’s chief nemesis is a bout of chronic tendinitis that affects his knees, but when it flares up, that issue seems to affect everything else.

“It’s okay,” Aubry said after being removed from the game with back stiffness. “t’s been one thing after the other this week, really. But it’s okay. I told Richard that I’m ready to hit tomorrow.”

The one thing after the other that Aubry is referring to included the most recent flair up of the tendinitis, than a strain of his hip (which most suggest came as he was favoring the knee while running), and then tonight’s back tightness. Earlier this year he spent several weeks on the IL with a strained oblique that, again, some blame on the tendinitis.

“You hate to see a kid like that struggle to get on the field,” Lawson said. “It’s good to have a day off before we play again, though, and another after the trip to San Fernando won’t hurt.”

In the meantime, Aubry seems excited.

“I’m ready to go. Playing in the bigs has been my dream. I’m not going to let anything get me down.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”