Seattle Times 1998.v1

GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

drbowden
Ex-GM

Seattle Times 1998.v1

Post by drbowden » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:58 pm

Despite mixed reviews of the Storm's offseason and relatively mediocre pitching staff, the Storm became the first team in the MBBA with 30 wins, posting a 30-16 record in their first 46 games. After numerous attempts the past few seasons to acquire an ace for the pitching staff, officials in Seattle have became more resigned to continue the search for good pitching, while instead looking to beef up an already potent offense. Surprisingly, pitching has been better than expected in the early part of the '98 season. While win totals are not stellar, the ERA for the starting pitching staff is down from last year, which give the Storm a better chance to outscore its opponent. Rookie Kim and the up-and-down minor leaguer Walter have been great additions. In addition, the bullpen has been fairly strong, which has burned Seattle in the past. Led by the perennial allstar Dever, the bullpen has been keeping its ERA down as well. With the amazing offense that Seattle has, all it needs is for the staff to be above average, for them to make it back to the playoffs.

Speaking of offense, check out Pennebaker stat line for the beginning of the season. He currently has 21 home runs in 44 games played (with 52 RBIs). Seattle also has double digit HR totals from Merino (10) and Rotten (13, once believe to be washed up). All three are hitting above 0.300 as well. Even with how great the offense has played so far, Rivero and Randall, perennial offensive studs, have not their typical hot starts. When those two pick it up, along with the return of Dash Kelly, who is one of the top run and SB producers in the league, this offense should be approaching nuclear levels.

felipe
Ex-GM

Re: Seattle Times 1998.v1

Post by felipe » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:19 am

wow...I'm really kicking myself now for not picking up some of these free agents, that are doing so well this year. I really, really, really, should have scooped up Rotten - that bat would have helped immensely...and at less cost than I'm paying this guy!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Bikini Krill”