GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

59.008 – Revitalized Syed To Be Inducted

Post by RonCo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:31 pm

Off Topic
Westmoreland Miracle Delivers Old-Timer to Opening Day Ceremony

December 16, 2058: Forever Land – Bikini Krill Vice President of Community Outreach Monica Green today announced that thanks to a modern miracle developed by multi-trillionaire P. Moreau “Westy” Westmoreland’s high-tech integrated bio-medical research facility, pitcher Jerry Syed will be able to attend the Krill’s Opening Day ceremony. This is important because Syed will be officially inducted into the franchise’s Hall of Fame.

Early Era Hero
To Be Honored
“This is an honor far too long coming,” Green said. “Mr. Syed was an iconic member of the Seattle franchise in the pre-modern era, and registered six of the top team best ERAs in team history—including an astounding 2.30 in 1984, the best in franchise history.”

The team was scurrying to be able to induct Syed, who turned 107 years old last July, because his family was worried the legendary left-hander may not make it long enough to attend. But the Live Forever Med Research team presented a new bio-genetic compound that essentially toggles a few genes on that had turned of, and in the process halts and then reverses the aging process. Within days, Syed was growing more robust, and in two weeks he was up and walking without need of even his old trusty cane.

“I feel like a kid now,” Syed said through the Forever Land VirtualSpace Communications center. “ You can’t know how much this honor means to me. I can’t wait to go to a baseball game again. Maybe I could teach that Nebraska kid to throw a screwji!”

Syed, who was 214-120 on his career, and finished with a 2.92 career ERA and 2,747 strikeouts, was inducted into the BBA Hall of Fame sixty-three years ago. “When we found out he wasn’t in the franchise Hall, we knew we needed to do something special,” Green said. “Mister Westmoreland loves baseball history. He can’t wait to meet Jerry and shake his hand.”

The ceremony will be held a half hour before the Krill’s 2059 home opener.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”