GM: Ron Collins

Moderator: RonCo

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

59.004 – Mellott Grabs First Major Krill Award

Post by RonCo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:00 pm

Off Topic
Second Baseman Makes His Mark

November 7, 2058: Forever Land – Napolean Mellott fully admits his glovework could use an additional bit of work. “I’m kind of a hatchet out there, but I try to make it up with the bat,” he said via a VR interview session he held after news hit that the rookie had been award the Frick League’s Charles Puckett Award as the best hitting second baseman in the league.

Mellott Focused
on Glovework
Mellott drilled 27 homers and slashed .260/.337/.469 in 599 plate appearances on the season.

His -14 Zone Rating at the position, however, dropped his net value to 1.4 WAR, a fact that makes it make sense that in order to attend the press conference, Mellott had to take a moment out of a busy day at Bikini’s new high-tech training facility, where he is rumored to be hard at work rounding the glove into better shape.

“Nap is a hard worker,” said manager Richard Lawson as he introduced Mellott. “I have faith in him. If he can get the glove up to par, even, he’s going to be a very good player for a very long time.”

Mellott, a native of Jacksonville, Florida, has been an avid baseball rat since the days he grew up following the Hurricanes. He was drafted (by the then Seattle Storm) in the 7th round back in 2053, but his approach to working on his game became self-evident in the years since.

“No one works harder than me,” Mellott said when asked what he thought about his ability to get better. “So maybe it’ll happen and maybe it won’t. But I think I know a bit about baseball, and I like being coached. And I can promise Krill fans around the world that I’ll be laying it all out there for them.”

The award represents the first major acknowledgement of any player in the franchise since they team moved to the Atoll in 2057.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Bikini Krill”