Railroad_Ross
Ex-GM

Calgary Crier - Vol. 1, issue VI

Post by Railroad_Ross » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:05 am

Calgary Crier - Vol. 1, issue V[/size]
1995 Awards Team Awards

Pitcher of the Year
Allan Izatt

Several pitchers on the Marauders, all of the starters, merit attention for pitcher of the year. But, even with fewer starts and innings, none of them led the club more than Allan Izatt who posted a 15-4 mark in 28 starts. Izatt finished first in the Frick in ERA, nearly a quater run better than Eddie Harris. He was also second (nearly first) in WHIP and 5th in VORP in the league.

Hitter of the Year
Peter Montserrat

In his Sophomore year last season, Peter avoided the jinx. This season, he excelled, and was named to the Frick All-Star team while leading the Marauders in hits, runs, doubles, triples, batting average on-base percentage and OPS. His .317 batting average was 4th in the Frick.

Reliever of the Year
Len Cortese

In the bullpen nobody distiguished themselves over the rest of the field, although Len posted a 3.13 ERA and had 10 saves after replacing headhunter as closer.

Rookie of the Year
Johnny Iraq

Finally played a full season in the big leagues and made the most of it with a late season surge. Stole a league high 61 bases while hitting 35 doubles.

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: Calgary Crier - Vol. 1, issue VI

Post by recte44 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:57 am

Allen Izatt is one of my favorites. Took the name (along with Benjamin Rivero from SEA) from my Las Vegas Hustlers team from the old OOL (Official Out of the Park League that was run by OOTP and had Markus and gang in the league). Won two OOL championships with Izatt leading the way.

Railroad_Ross
Ex-GM

Post by Railroad_Ross » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:25 am

recte44 wrote:Allen Izatt is one of my favorites. Took the name (along with Benjamin Rivero from SEA) from my Las Vegas Hustlers team from the old OOL (Official Out of the Park League that was run by OOTP and had Markus and gang in the league). Won two OOL championships with Izatt leading the way.
He's the entire reason I choose Calgary.

elligator
Ex-GM

Post by elligator » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:41 am

Oh my Lord, that dude is ridiculously good.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Calgary Pioneers”