59.03 Breums Leverage London Ties to Sign Prospect

Co-GM: Bob Breum
Co-GM: Erik Breum

Moderators: breum, Bob Breum

Bob Breum
BBA GM

59.03 Breums Leverage London Ties to Sign Prospect

Post by Bob Breum » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:33 am

The Breums, father and son, flanked Mas'ud bin Salah al Din at today’s event. All three wore Blazers caps; bin Salah al Din also sported a Blazers jersey with the number 10.
Mas'ud bin Salah al Din
The elder Breum (Bob) took the microphone.

“We are very excited to be reunited with this young man. We watched him play in our farm system when we were in London and dreamed of the day that he would matriculate under the bright lights of London Stadium.

“Before that came to pass, we got the opportunity to run Montreal and had to leave London and Mas’ud behind. We watched from afar as London won championships and Mas’ud continued his progress.

“When we learned of his availability, we pulled out all the stops to sell him on the Blazers. We flew to London, which is his home in the offseason, to meet with him and his agent. We talked about our upcoming need in right field and how he would fit into our plans. We were very candid. We told him that he would probably start the season in AAA New Jersey.

“I believe that our familiarity with one another helped reassure Mas’ud and his people that Montreal was the right place for him to take the next step in his baseball career.”

He passed the microphone to Bin Salah al Din.

“I have known the Breums for many years. They are good people. This is an ideal situation for me. I’ll have a chance to prove myself to the organization without being rushed to Montreal. Of course, I am very eager to wear this uniform in a game, but I agree with the club that there is no need to rush.

Turning to the Breums, he said, “Thank you for believing in me.”
Bob Breum
Co-GM (Position Players)
2057 Johnson League champions
2057 Johnson League GM of the Year

Montreal Blazers

Return to “Montreal Blazers”