2057.11: Bears' Cubs - Corner IF Prospects

GM: Kurt Imber

Moderator: BaseClogger

BaseClogger
BBA GM

2057.11: Bears' Cubs - Corner IF Prospects

Post by BaseClogger » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:41 pm

3/29/2057

In this edition of the 2057 Bears’ Cubs series I’ll focus on players who profile primarily as corner infielders. This is by far my weakest position group.

A
None

B
None

C
C- José Pérez

D
D Cristóbal Cruz
D Rodger Rutherford

Honorable Mention
Jaun Balderas
Hubert Tiedtke
Munir bin Muhanned

Not a lot to talk about with this group. I’m still holding out hope that 2053 10th overall pick Jose Perez can stick at third base. If he does, the bat will have to carry him. Offensively, he’s nearly fully developed but only managed to hit .236/.320/.414 last year in A-ball. To become a BBA regular he probably needs two of three to occur: a bump to power, a bump of bat-to-ball skills, and a bump to his defensive skills.

Rutherford was a second base tweener who got moved to first base. His bounce back .291/.358/.478 batting line in 2056 at AAA revives the chance he can be a short-side platoon guy in the majors. Rutherford was acquired in a trade with Charm City.

Cristobal Cruz is a younger version of Rutherford in that his skillset looks limited to short-side platoon guy at first base. Cruz hit .298/.371/.492 as a 20 year-old in his first go round at A-ball. He came over in a trade with Rocky Mountain.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Return to “San Fernando Bears”