2057.06: Rummaging Bears - Catchers

GM: Kurt Imber

Moderator: BaseClogger

BaseClogger
BBA GM

2057.06: Rummaging Bears - Catchers

Post by BaseClogger » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:43 am

3/29/2057

As they rummage a campsite some Bears find picnic baskets while others are shooed away.

Sure-Fire Locks
C Joe Zwicker

Zwicker had the best season of his career and will once again carry the full load against right-handed pitching in 2057.

Near Locks
C Tomás Ramírez

The good news: Ramirez is a captain personality, plays adequate defense, and his right-handed bat is slightly better suited for the platoon role needed to partner with Zwicker. The bad news: he hasn’t played in the BBA since 2052 and he’s a wreck physically. I just need him to hold up for about 150 PAs as the backup catcher.

Trying to Break-In
C Dave Butler, C Ziaul-Haq bin Dhul Fiqar

We were pretty excited to be able to sign Dave Butler to a minor league deal (with major league option). In his BBA career he’s slashed .277/.311/.366 and as a switch-hitter so he’s well-suited to platoon with Zwicker. I’ll take advantage of his contract for now, but I could see pulling the plug on Ramirez by the end of April if his numbers are down and Butler’s are up at AAA. ZHbDF spent a full season with AAA Brooks and his .234/.351/.292 batting line and small lumps in potential have us slightly soured on his outlook. He’ll now have to compete with the next guy on this list as long-term successor to Zwicker.

Breaking in the Back Door
C Dale Olds

With merely adequate ratings across the board, Dale Olds doesn’t pop off the screen but it’s hard to not be encouraged by a .320 /.398/.466 batting line by a 21 year-old catcher at AA.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Return to “San Fernando Bears”