2057.04: Bears' Cubs - SP Prospects

GM: Kurt Imber

Moderator: BaseClogger

BaseClogger
BBA GM

2057.04: Bears' Cubs - SP Prospects

Post by BaseClogger » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:53 pm

1/26/2057

In this edition of the 2057 Bears’ Cubs series I’ll focus on players who still profile as starting pitchers. Admittedly, several of these guys will become relievers before/if they reach San Fernando. Some might even be moved to the bullpen by midseason.

A
None

B
B Keith Mays
B- Javier Duarte

C
C+ Morris Chapa
C Omar Thind

D
D+ Juan Torres
D+ António García
D+ Salah Lutfi
D Duane Bishop
D Khuzaymah Abdul-Hakam

Honorable Mention
Jim Fields
Doug McLaughlin
Juan Najera
Pete Morris
Calvin Coffey

Special Honorable Mention (Taken in Rule 5 Draft, Maybe Eventually Returned?)
C Ken Bautista

Keith Mays ranks as the #25 overall prospect in the Brewster after coming over from Atlantic City in a fresh beginnings trade. Despite an injury and middling production during the 2056 season he actually bumped a point of control since last year. I’m keeping him in mind as starting rotation depth this season.

All aboard the Javier Duarte hype train as I keep myself optimistic about my top pick in the 2055 draft. He’s shown good production for a teenager so far and I like his well-balanced ratings. His three-pitch mix and 6 stamina still give him relief pitcher stench.

I’m pretty tired of writing about prospect Morris Chapa. Guy was drafted in the 1st round by the previous regime in 2050 and has methodically worked his way up our system. It doesn’t look like he has enough stuff to start and I don’t see a dynamite reliever either but I do love all the groundballs. BBA scouts have him as another top 100 prospect.

Omar Thind was a victim of last year’s rule 5 draft but Long Beach eventually returned him. Production steadied in A ball in 2056 and he still has 10 potential stuff as his claim to fame.

Juan Torres is a poor man’s Omar Thind—older, even worse intangibles, 1 less point of potential control. I picked him up as a minor league free agent a few years ago.

Garcia came over in a trade from Sacramento while Ron was at their wheel. Bishop—a former 1st round pick—and Abdul-Hakam joined us in last season’s Rocky Mountain trade. Lutfi is the first scouting discovery I can remember bumping for me. All of these guys are still very young and while they have good ratings will need further bumps to become a starter. But time is on their side.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

BaseClogger
BBA GM

Re: 2057.04: Bears' Cubs - SP Prospects

Post by BaseClogger » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:01 pm

Salah Lutfi just bumped another point of stuff potential and should now be graded C-.
San Fernando Bears GM since 2051

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “San Fernando Bears”