59.1- Dateline: Nacogdoches

GM: John Momberg

Moderator: chicoruiz

chicoruiz
BBA GM

59.1- Dateline: Nacogdoches

Post by chicoruiz » Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:55 pm

Stephen F. Austin State University wasn’t really that big a place, so the arrival of ten new faces created a bit of a stir among the student body. A few of them made inquiries and discovered that the university had leased some of its facilities to the Atlantic City Gamblers, as a site for their winter player development lab, and a few students, most of them female, headed over to make contact.

They soon discovered that most of the players, although hailing from all over the globe, were pretty much like the rest of the students. One of them, pitcher Anthon Van Uffelen, inquired of one of the cuter local coeds just what one could do for fun in Nacogdoches, Texas.

“Well… You could go to a movie or go bowling, I guess. There are a few bars, but they’re mostly full of burly townies who don’t cotton much to strangers, especially ones with foreign accents.” Van Uffelen made a mental note to take up bowling. “Too bad you won’t be here in the summer. That’s when they have the Blueberry Festival.”

“Yeah, I’m really sorry I’m gonna miss that… I love a good blueberry festival”, said Van Uffelen. So what else is Nacogdoches famous for?”

“Uhhh… Supposedly Groucho Marx told his first on-stage joke here. He and his brothers were playing a vaudeville theater here, and at that point they were strictly a singing act. But something made him mad, and he ad-libbed ‘Nacogdoches is full of roaches’, which got a laugh, and inspired them to become a comedy act. It’s not true, of course. We don’t have that many more roaches than normal, If you put some insecticide powder around each leg of your bed, you should mostly sleep through the night, and Oh My God who is that???”

Van Uffelen looked in the direction she was looking and saw a Range Rover and a Lamborghini pulling into the parking lot. “Oh, that’s Seth Weller and Johnny Lazer showing up. They were first-round draft picks, so they got multi-million dollar bonuses. You see, the way the major league draft works is…” He stopped himself as he realized that the girl had stopped paying attention to him and had wandered off as if hypnotized to the parking lot. And Van Uffelen realized that the cute coed was not destined to be his soul mate during his stay at the Player Development Lab in Nacogdoches, Texas.
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

RT60
BBA GM

Re: 59.1- Dateline: Nacogdoches

Post by RT60 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:59 pm

What happens at the Development Lab stays at the Development Lab

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:56 pm

Poor guy.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

joshd19
BBA GM

Post by joshd19 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:05 pm

Does Nacogdoches have water? Asking for a friend
GM, Des Moines Kernels, 2058-
GM, London Monarchs, 2057 (Denny's & Marko Worldwide Champs)
Esteemed extreme ironing coach & practitioner, GEICO, 2046-2056

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Atlantic City Gamblers”