Rum Diaries? 2057.29

GM: James Walker

Moderator: Jwalk100

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Rum Diaries? 2057.29

Post by Jwalk100 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:20 pm

Hawaii Tropics minor league scout Mohala Akela rushed to his hotel room in San Juan after watching the Music demolish the Bikini Krill’s Single A Port au Prince Purple Aces. It wasn’t the game result but who was there. Akela sat at the desk in his room and tapped his cube then said, “The Boss.”

Hawaii GM Jim Walker appeared in virtual sitting behind his desk. “What’s up, Mo?, greeted Walker.

“Jim, I some people of interest at the game today. I’m gonna send you the video.”, said Mo.

Walker watched the video then chuckled, “I see Thom Hunter there with is ‘retinue’ and writing his ‘Rum Diaries’. What am I supposed to be looking at?”

“Look at the clown in the Hawaiian shirt and stupid straw hat.”, instructed Mo.

“Son of a bitch. That’s Carlos Camacho. What the hell is he doing there?”, asked Walker.

“He was using some type of device helping the Music hitters. The next thing you know, he’s smoking it!”, Mo said incredulous.

“Seriously?”, said Walker. Just then his cube alerted to another virtual.

“Hold for a sec, Mo.”, asked Walker.

He opened the virtual person to person.

“Tropics.”, answered Walker.

“James, this is Carlos! We need to discuss some things.”, came the weary voice out of the clean shaven, tired face.

“What things, Carlos?”, asked Walker.

“Mainly what I can do for you and your teams.”, stated Carlos.

“You for hire?”, asked Walker.

“What I’m offering is for free.”, mumbled Camacho like a drunken cult leader.

“Nothing is free, Carlos.”, a skeptical Walker answered then said, “Let me get back to you. I’m in the middle of something.”

Then quiet.

“Did you hear that, Mo?”, said Walker.

“Yep. I will send my assistant to follow him.”, said Mo.

“Good. We need to get to the bottom of this. First, is he doing this for Collins or shoeless or against them? Second, who is he also selling this free thing to? If so, we may have to buy it.”, said Walker.

“Got it. I’m on it. Out.”, said Mo and tapped out.

Mo sat there for a moment as he collected his thoughts. Maybe I’ll go find Hunter and get him trashed and laid. Loosen his tongue and find out what he knows. Or doesn’t.

@RonCo
@shoeless.db
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hawaii Tropics”