Tropics News 2057.13

GM: James Walker

Moderator: Jwalk100

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Tropics News 2057.13

Post by Jwalk100 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:30 pm

The Hawaii Tropics return home on the Banana Boat to begin a six-game homestand. They have a two-game series with the Valencia Stars before a day off at home.

Screen Shot 2023-12-02 at 3.27.55 PM.png

Game 1- The Hawaii Tropics rally in the 9th inning for two runs to tie the game with the Stars at 6-6. The Stars and Trops battled it out in extras for 5 innings when Valencia produced the go ahead run on a double, intentional walk, and a single. The Tropics went down 1-2- 3 in the bottom of the inning to give the Stars the one-run victory.

Utbah ‘Crawdad Me’ bin Muta made the start for Hawaii going four innings allowing three runs on six hits and three walks with two Ks. Chih Kuang fired 1.2 scoreless innings with a walk and a strikeout. Bill Phillips was very effective throwing 2.2 hitless innings with three Ks. Bill Williams followed with 1.2 innings giving up two hits, a walk and had two Ks. Troy ‘Teddy Bear’ Reynolds took the loss allowing the go ahead run in 1.2 innings of work. He falls to 1-1 with a 1.42 ERA.

Carlos Sanchez played 3B and was 2 for 6 with a walk and a two-run homer. 2B Adhyapayana Mehta was 2 for 3 with two RBI. Mitch Wareham was 2 for 7 with a triple, scored a run and drove in a run. RF Vicente Mendez may be heating up as he was 2 for 6 with a walk, a stolen base, scored two runs and had an RBI.

Valencia wins 7-6.

Screen Shot 2023-12-02 at 3.28.15 PM.png

Game 2- The Valencia Stars jumped on the Hawaii Tropics for three runs in the 1st inning and then kept adding to the lead as they sweep the two-game set. Hawaii starter Gerardo Rea allowed five runs, four of them earned, on four hits and a walk. He struck out five but falls to 0-4 with a 6.00 ERA.

Rea lamented, “I don’t know what’s happened. I’m wild one start then throw in the zone the next. I just can’t get those near strikes that I need.”

John Moore was the only bright spot on the mound all day with 1.2 scoreless innings. He allowed a hit and fanned four batters.

SS Thomas Kramer was 1 for 4 with his 3rd homer of the season. Carlos Sanchez was 0 for 2 with a fielder’s choice RBI.

Valencia wins 8-2.

Stars sweep the two-game series.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hawaii Tropics”