Game of the week Vol. 1

GM: Doug Olmsted

Moderator: shoeless.db

bschr682
Ex-GM

Game of the week Vol. 1

Post by bschr682 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:45 pm

This will be a semi-regular posting. I usually glance at the box scores of games played during a sim. Any that catch my eye I will post here so all can see some great baseball (hopefully featuring a Cali win).

Saturday April 27, 1996

Louisville Sluggers @ California Crusaders
Steve DiBartolomeo vs Hoyt Perea

The game was nice pitchers duel. The teams trade 0's until the the top of 5th. Two quick singles, a sac bunt and a groundout turn into a 1 to nothing lead for Louisville. In the bottom of the 6th the Crusaders answer with a run of their own. Rising star Ryan Sittler draws a walk. Bush drops down a sac bunt. The struggling Ed Miller drives in Sittler with a single. The Crusaders would load the bases but DiBartolomeo gets out of it by striking out Joe Weapon.

Louisville would score a run in the top of the 8th on an E6. That brings us to the bottom of the 9th. Louisville's closer Kurt Hass is in to pitch. Sittler leads off with a single. Moves to second on a well executed sac bunt. The mighty Hurley Reyes grounds out moving Sittler over the 3rd. The power bat of Billy Wilson is up with 2 outs down by a run. He draws a walk. This brings up the aforementioned struggling 2B Ed Miller. He singles again driving in the tying run! Hass induces a flyball out to send the game to extra innings. In the top of the 10th converted starter turned closer John Davis works his second inning of scoreless relief.
Bottom of the 10th. Hass gets the first two batters out. Up steps backup OF Matthew Syverson. Hass works him to a 2-2 count. The pitch... heres a drive... its up... its deep... and its OUTTA HERE!!!! And the Crusaders win 3 to 2!
GM Vancouver Mounties

Afino
Ex-GM

Re: Game of the week Vol. 1

Post by Afino » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:51 pm

Only real mistake Hass has made this season :( He's been great other than this game.

(PS: change Hurley's number to 8!)

bschr682
Ex-GM

Post by bschr682 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:33 pm

He is quite the good closer. Care to explain why i should change it to 8? I know enough about Lost to know the Hurley won the lottery with some strange numbers he got somewhere and they were supposed to be cursed. Thats all i know tho. And if it is a curse I want nothing to do with it 8-)
GM Vancouver Mounties

Afino
Ex-GM

Post by Afino » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:53 am

8 was "his" number, explained later in the show.
The Numbers, as revealed in The Substitute are related to individual people. Written inside the Cliffside cave, many names appear with numbers beside them. They all are crossed out except for the six Candidates, with 4-John Locke, 8-Hugo "Hurley" Reyes, 15-James "Sawyer" Ford, 16- Sayid Jarrah, 23-Jack Shephard, and 42-Kwon, revealing that the numbers represented the candidates the entire time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”