RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

55.091 – M’opes Win Dares Case

Post by RonCo » Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:10 am

Byline: Max Offen Sichtlich
Off Topic

Doubleday Darling Stays Gets Bump

Nov 16, 2055

The Sacramento Mad Popes won their only arbitration case today, prevailing over the aggressive presentation made by the representation of Rich Dares. As a result, the infielder will receive $1,105,500 to play baseball this coming year. Witnesses say Dares’ lawyers and best sabrmetricly inclined friends had asked for $1,195,700, so the decision save the club a cool $90.2K.

Don’t forget the .2.

Dares’ case was made mostly by playing a videotape of the highlings of this year’s Doubleday, including slow-motion takes on his eleven hits.

The team’s case took six and a half hours, including two potty breaks and a brief aside with the arbitrator, who asked if this was all really necessary.

“The process was brutal,” Dares said afterward. “No one likes to hear everything they do wrong, and those guys held nothing back. Now I’m not even really sure I know how to brush my teeth. I really should have just taken whatever they offered and gone on.”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

jleddy
Ex-GM

Re: 55.091 – M’opes Win Dares Case

Post by jleddy » Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:59 pm

RonCo wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:10 am
The team’s case took six and a half hours, including two potty breaks and a brief aside with the arbitrator, who asked if this was all really necessary.
Who'd you have presenting the team's case, Clarence Darrow?
"My $#!? doesn't work in the playoffs." - Billy Beane Joe Lederer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”