RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

55.086 – M’opes Introduce New Hitting Coach

Post by RonCo » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:39 pm

Byline: Max Offen Sichtlich
Off Topic

Moon Jeston “Retires”

Nov 8, 2055

With the tepid nature of the Sacramento offense the past couple seasons, pretty much no one believes hitting coach Moon Jetson “retired.” At best he was bought out, and at worst was shamed into submission. Regardless of the mechanics, though, Jetson is gone, and in his place will be Greg Anderson, a native of Rockford, Illinois (which is a place with memories that will always make me smile), and a man with deep international baseball ties, having served as a bench coach for Bucharest and Sao Paulo in the UMEBA and GBC for fourteen seasons.

“We think Greg is the guy who can turn the bats around,” said GM Ron Collins, who has seemed particularly spry going into this off season, and in fact ventured out for the first time in recent memory without the ubiquitous Carlos Camacho.

Aderson is an awkward selection. As an unknown to BBA circles, the hire raises eyebrows. But his resume is filled with successful teams in those international leagues, and people familiar with his work say he’s equally adept at working with several aspects of the game.

“I’m looking forward to working with him,” said shortstop Badr Isam. “Moon was cool, and all, but I’m not sure he got the most out of the guys sometimes. I talked to Greg on the phone earlier, and it really sounded like he knew his stuff.”

In the meantime, Jeston is rumored to be excited about spending more time with his boy, Elroy.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”