RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

55.083 – “Odd Year” Isam Nabs Puckett

Post by RonCo » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:34 pm

Byline: Max Offen Sichtlich
Off Topic

Star Shortstop Hopes to Break the String in 2056

Nov 5, 2055
Since coming to the Mad Popes in a deal with Chicago some time back, Badr Isam has tried to simply keep his head down and go about his business. And that business has been putting up quietly eye-popping numbers with the bat while also hoovering up ground balls in the field.

Today voters confirmed that he’s accomplished the first, naming him the 2056 Charles Puckett Golden Bat winner in the Frick League. His numbers: 11 homers to go with a .297/.343/.436 slash are outstanding for a shortstop.

He’s no slouch with the glove either, though.

“That’s one of the best shortstops in the league,” said Carlos Flores, this season’s Nebraska winner. “There’s no one else I’d rather have behind me.”

This is Isam’s fourth Pucket, the first two coming during his seasons with Chicago. He won the award in 2049, 2051, 2053, and now 2055, which leads some to suggest that 2057 might seen him garner a fifth. The shortstop chuckled at that. “I’m really hoping to see it in 2056. Maybe I can break the string and add in a Yogi. I admit I like that nickname better than 'Odd Year.'”

That would be fitting. After all, they call the guy “Yogi.” Might as well make it official.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”