RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

55.079 – No Arbitration for Dares, Maddon

Post by RonCo » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:55 pm

Byline: Max Offen Sichtlich
Off Topic

Veterans to Go On Their Way

Nov5, 2055

Among all the who-ha surrounding the team’s sale, perhaps lost in the weeds is the fact that Doubleday Round MVP Rich Dares, and journeyman 1B/DH Fred Maddon received word today that they would not be offered arbitration, and would instead be left to go to free agency.

Insiders say both players have value left to give, but had basically run out their timeline in Sacramento. Dares, in particular, has a multi-faceted skillset that should make him a valuable utility player. Maddon has bounced around several teams, and it wouldn’t surprise us to see him find his way to a team either in the BBA or the GBC.

It should be note that Dares heroism in these last playoffs wore off quickly. After a blazing week against Nashville, the infielder barely touched the ball against Twin Cities, and internally some are blaming the manager Ferando Pacheco for the loss due to his adamant adherence to letting Dares lead off. His career marks in Sacramento were devastatingly sub-average .211/.243/.281. He hit now home runs (either at home or away) while with the club. One hopes a change of scenery might revitalize his career. At age 27, it could happen.

Maddon is another enigma. The club obviously hoped his plate discipline would be enough to make him valuable, but while his OBP was sky-high in the minors, it hasn’t translated in the big leagues. Insiders suggest the 31-year-old LHB has a bit of a chip on his shoulder and can be moody in the clubhouse. I guess if I hit .231, I’d be unhappy, too.

“So help me, me,” said Assistant GM Carlos Camacho. ”We wish both these players good health and a happy future,”
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 55.079 – No Arbitration for Dares, Maddon

Post by Dington » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:59 pm

Maybe Madden would play better if stopped misspelling his name...
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: 55.079 – No Arbitration for Dares, Maddon

Post by RonCo » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:33 pm

It's a way of life.

My wife and kid don't call me Typo Man for nothing.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”