RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

55.066 – 10 Reasons the Popes Can't Possibly Win

Post by RonCo » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:40 pm

Byline: Max Offen Sichtlich
Off Topic

Result of Mid-Season Moves Inconclusive

October 9, 2055

After a long, griding season, our fair players from California find themselves as a massive underdog as they face the behemoth Nashville Bluebirds. I know this is not a statement true Pope Followers want to hear, but it is the unfortunate truth.
Herein are the ten reasons why the Mad Popes will be going home after the Doubleday.

1. Dallas Dixon is hurt. This sounds like a big nothingburger, but Rich Dares is not a championship second baseman.
2. The GM is Ron Collins and the calendar reads October. This is essentially what it looks like when the opposition draws a bye.
3. The Bluebirds have had the benefit of playing baseball while the Popes have had to sit out and draw rust.
4. Nashville has paid the umpires. Receipts have been posted all across the internet. No one cares because everyone just assumes it will happen.
5. The song “Cow Patty Lindsay” has gone viral around the league, and the streamers want to take advantage of it. They, too, have paid the umpires.
6. With long-term security in hand, Carlos Flores is distracted searching for a condo overlooking … something.
7. Mikki Manning has refused an invitation to sing the national anthem at Game One, blaming an congenital need to stay away from anything related to Nashville.
8. Assistant GM Carlos Camacho is said to be on assignment to search for building contractors. Nothing good happens while Camacho is away.
9. The stench in Les Paul Field is mind-numbing. Unlike for covid and other horrific diseases, masks don’t work. But Bluebird players get antidote before games and hare hence immune.
10. Adds up to the fact that the team is only 2-6 against the Bluebirds through the season. No reason to expect a change now.

So, the bottom line here is that a Sacramento literally cannot happen. I mean, Seriously. Cannot. The line will be so lopsided, one wonders if Chad Nason would even show his face in Nashville if the impossible actually occurred.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Knucklehead254
BBA GM

Re: 55.066 – 10 Reasons the Popes Can't Possibly Win

Post by Knucklehead254 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:53 pm

Reason #2 would've been enough.
Aaron Wharram (356-292)
General Manager of the Vancouver Mounties!
Playoff App: 2056, 2057, 2058

Former GM of the Sydney Sharks! (22-22) (August 2054 - October 2054)

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Post by Dington » Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:48 pm

RonCo wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:40 pm
Off Topic

October 9, 2055

After a long, griding season, our fair players from California find themselves as a massive underdog as they face the behemoth Nashville Bluebirds. I know this is not a statement true Pope Followers want to hear, but it is the unfortunate truth.
Herein are the ten reasons why the Mad Popes will be going home after the Doubleday.

1. Dallas Dixon is hurt. This sounds like a big nothingburger, but Rich Dares is not a championship second baseman. Dares is a deep spy sent from the Nashville organization years ago.
2. The GM is Ron Collins and the calendar reads October. This is essentially what it looks like when the opposition draws a bye. I’ll at least wear ya down enough for the next guy to finish you.
3. The Bluebirds have had the benefit of playing baseball while the Popes have had to sit out and draw rust. Didn’t want Clayton to start Game 1 anyway.
4. Nashville has paid the umpires. Receipts have been posted all across the internet. No one cares because everyone just assumes it will happen. Paid them with IFA this year. Didn’t have any cash.
5. The song “Cow Patty Lindsay” has gone viral around the league, and the streamers want to take advantage of it. They, too, have paid the umpires. It’s my new ringtone.
6. With long-term security in hand, Carlos Flores is distracted searching for a condo overlooking … something. I’ve already steered every realtor away from him. He had to throw the game in order to get any place now.
7. Mikki Manning has refused an invitation to sing the national anthem at Game One, blaming an congenital need to stay away from anything related to Nashville. She’s still banned from Les Paul Field.
8. Assistant GM Carlos Camacho is said to be on assignment to search for building contractors. Nothing good happens while Camacho is away. Also have ties to commercial real estate.
9. The stench in Les Paul Field is mind-numbing. Unlike for covid and other horrific diseases, masks don’t work. But Bluebird players get antidote before games and hare hence immune. Masks don’t work.
10. Adds up to the fact that the team is only 2-6 against the Bluebirds through the season. No reason to expect a change now. 😊

So, the bottom line here is that a Sacramento literally cannot happen. I mean, Seriously. Cannot. The line will be so lopsided, one wonders if Chad Nason would even show his face in Nashville if the impossible actually occurred.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:51 pm

Shhhh ... trying to keep the fact that Dares is a NSH plant secret from my fans.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Post by Jwalk100 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 11:56 pm

Dington wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:48 pm
RonCo wrote:
Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:40 pm
Off Topic

October 9, 2055

1. Dallas Dixon is hurt. This sounds like a big nothingburger, but Rich Dares is not a championship second baseman. Dares is a deep spy sent from the Nashville organization years ago.
2. The GM is Ron Collins and the calendar reads October. This is essentially what it looks like when the opposition draws a bye. I’ll at least wear ya down enough for the next guy to finish you.
3. The Bluebirds have had the benefit of playing baseball while the Popes have had to sit out and draw rust. Didn’t want Clayton to start Game 1 anyway.
4. Nashville has paid the umpires. Receipts have been posted all across the internet. No one cares because everyone just assumes it will happen. Paid them with IFA this year. Didn’t have any cash.
5. The song “Cow Patty Lindsay” has gone viral around the league, and the streamers want to take advantage of it. They, too, have paid the umpires. It’s my new ringtone.
6. With long-term security in hand, Carlos Flores is distracted searching for a condo overlooking … something. I’ve already steered every realtor away from him. He had to throw the game in order to get any place now.
7. Mikki Manning has refused an invitation to sing the national anthem at Game One, blaming an congenital need to stay away from anything related to Nashville. She’s still banned from Les Paul Field.
8. Assistant GM Carlos Camacho is said to be on assignment to search for building contractors. Nothing good happens while Camacho is away. Also have ties to commercial real estate.
9. The stench in Les Paul Field is mind-numbing. Unlike for covid and other horrific diseases, masks don’t work. But Bluebird players get antidote before games and hare hence immune. Masks don’t work.
10. Adds up to the fact that the team is only 2-6 against the Bluebirds through the season. No reason to expect a change now. 😊

:crazylaugh:
ImageImageImageImageImage

cheekimonk
BBA GM

Post by cheekimonk » Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:47 am

"Sandbaggin'
'Til the games are played
Sandbaggin'
It's the American way
..."
Ben Teague, GM Boise Spuds
2834-3334, .459 PCT (6,168 games, 47 seasons)
12 Playoff Appearances, 1 Championship, 2 GM of the Year

Former BBA GM: Many (Monty Brewster Memorial Series champion: 1997)
Former GBC GM: Jerusalem, Buenos Aires

Boise Home Page (roster, prospects, etc.)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sacramento Mad Popes”