Trebro
BBA GM

2058.26 Nine Honor Collazo's 400th Home Run

Post by Trebro » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:02 am

ys9 press release.png
Nine Honor Collazo's 400th Home Run

August 28, 2058

The Yellow Springs Nine Issued the following press release:

The Yellow Springs Nine congratulate third baseman Manny Collazo on his 400th home run in the BBA, hit today against Madison as part of the key to a 5-4 victory. On the day, he went 2 for 4, and his homer was the difference maker.

Newest Member of the 400 Club

"I'm so grateful to Mac [GM Rob McMonigal] and the Nine Organization for bringing me back to the BBA this season. When no one came calling, I was frustrated. I was sure I had some more to contribute, and yes, getting my 400th home run was a part of that. I didn't want to be stuck on 393 and miss the chance to end my career on my terms. Now it's on to get my 2600th hit and see if I can keep producing at this level, so that I can come back here or somewhere else in 2059."

Collazo, a long-time Mexico City Aztec who returned to that team in 2057, was signed by the Nine on May 27th, after planned third baseman Don Perez received a nearly season-ending injury. He's hit 7 home runs and batted .241 on the season with only 3 errors at the hot corner.

"We'd had some talks with Manny in the off-season, but the terms of the deal weren't quite right for us," said GM Rob McMonigal. "But we were delighted when he was still available and willing to negotiate."

Speaking of negotiations, the Nine are still seeking contact details for the fan who caught the ball.

A commemorative poster night for Collazo will be held during the team's final homestand, with the exact date to be announced later.
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”