Moderator: Trebro

Trebro
BBA GM

2058.16 Nine Congratulate Tarpons on Second Consecutive Playoff Appearance

Post by Trebro » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:28 pm

ys9 press release.png
Nine Congratulate Tarpons on Second Consecutive Playoff Appearance

The Yellow Springs Nine Issued the Following Press Release:

Silver Springs, MD – The Yellow Springs Nine proudly congratulate the 2057 Silver Springs Tarpons on their second consecutive playoff appearance and first division title since 2050.

"We recognize all the hard work of our minor league players and coaches but are especially proud of the Tarpons for gaining their first division title in seven years," said GM Rob McMonigal. I am so happy for Manager Michael O'Neil, who got his start under my administration of the Nine, taking on the thankless task of managing a team that was struggling and not expected to do well immediately. He handled this with grace and rewarded my patience with his initial losing seasons to win 167 games in the past two years.

"I'm sorry he hasn't been able to get a Championship yet, but I think he can do it. And there's a place for him within this organization for many years to come."

The Tarpons, despite being a division winner, struggled in the playoffs, losing 2-1 in the first round to the Charlesborg Castors of Edmonton, also a division winner. However, that crucial experience for the young players of the Tarpons will prove invaluable as they rise through the ranks.

The Tarpons top players in 2057 included:

OF Jim McQuade, 23. McQuade batted .325 in 131 games for the team with 65 RBIs, anOPS of .845, and a team-leading WAR of 4.2. He was an all-star in 2057 and won the best hitter award for centerfielders.

C Jim Kantor, 24. Kantor rebounded after a rough 2056 season, batting .315 in 82 games with 21 home runs and an OPS of .967. His total WAR was 3.9

SP Ovidiu Frunzeti, 23. The young starter, one of many up and comers for the Nine, pitched to a 12-4 record in 151.1 innings pitched, with 142 strikeouts against just 26 walks. His ERA was 2.68 and his WAR was 3.2

SP Mike SnowSP Mike Snow, 23. Snow finally had a healthy season and showed his promise, with a 9-5 record in 16 games for the Tarpons before being promoted to AA. He had 98 strikeouts and a WAR of 2.5

IF Kentaru Muto, 22. Muto batted .283 while playing 2b/ss/3b and learning to be a versatile piece of the Nine's future. He also had 50 runs scored and a WAR of 2.4

"This team was extremely talented," said O'Neil, "and I'm so glad to have helped them along. While not all of them will be long-term players in the BBA, and a few may not even make it past A-ball, I am so happy to have known them and watched them mature. A few, like Jim Kantor, really rebounded from personal and professional struggles. I wish them all the best of luck, and I can't wait to see how good this team will be in 2058, once the new players from Cat Island arrive and existing players take that next step."
Rob McMonigal
Yellow Springs Nine Sep 2052 - ????

London Monarchs Aug 2052 - Sep 2052

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”