Talon Talk 96.1

GM: Rob McMonigal

Moderator: Trebro

jpoppe0219

Talon Talk 96.1

Post by jpoppe0219 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:15 pm

The Talons started the year 4-4. They started by getting swept in a 2game series with Chicago. Then proceeded to sweep Omaha in a 3 game series. We got another crack at Chicago where we managed to take one of the three games. So far we have faired well as long as we aren't playing first place Chicago.

Newly acquired infielder Portfirio Garza has already managed to land himself on the DL with torn ankle ligaments. He will be out 5-6 weeks. In his place Kosuke Fukudome was called up from Flagstaff. Fukudome will step in and be the Talons starting 2B.

The infield has been a bit of a weakness for Phoenix. They are in desperate need of a legitimate firstbaseman. Jon Kruk and Will "The Thrill" just aren't gonna cut it if the Talons want to get to the playoffs. I wouldn't be surprised if the Talons swing a deal for a starting firstbaseman sometime in the very near future.

On the upside the Talon star outfielders Joe Belinda and George Peralta have been going about business as usual. Both are hitting .353 on the young year, while Belinda has added a couple HR's and 6 RBI's. The Talon's outfield is pretty much set provided there are no injuries.

On the other side of the ball, it is a whole different story. The starting pitching has been mediocre at best. The starters ERA is 6.80 which is good for dead ass last in the JL. Things will stay the way they are, as we believe a big part of those inflated numbers are from playing 5 games against one of the top offenses in Chicago. But I wouldn't be surprised if the Talons made some moves to their pitching staff either.

lynchy34
Ex-GM

Re: Talon Talk 96.1

Post by lynchy34 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:25 am

THE MLB duo of Kruk and Clark won't cut it at first base for you over the course of the season. I have the same problem at first base.
Frick League Champions - '95, '98, '00
Frick Midwest Champions - '98
General Manager of the Year - '98

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Yellow Springs Nine”