2055.03 - John Maggard Diary Entry - "I'm still here"

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2055.03 - John Maggard Diary Entry - "I'm still here"

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:09 am

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 22 year old shortstop for the South Bend Proudest Monkeys, a Minor League Baseball team of the Madison Wolves. I was recently drafted in 2053 by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the franchise for two years now. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

July 7th, 2055

Dear Diary,

I must apologize for my absence in these diary entries. It's been quite a whirlwind since the start of the season, and I haven't had a moment to sit down and jot down my thoughts. But I promise to make up for it now. So, let me catch you up on all the exciting events that have unfolded in my life.

First and foremost, the biggest news of all is that Anna and I tied the knot! Yes, we are now officially husband and wife. It was a beautiful ceremony surrounded by our closest family and friends. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.

The proposal itself was something straight out of a fairytale. I took Anna on a surprise trip to the place where we first met, a small park in our hometown. It was a sunny day, and as we strolled along the familiar path, memories flooded back. I got down on one knee, a rush of nervous excitement coursing through me. And then, I asked her to be my wife. She said yes, and in that moment, my heart soared.

As for our honeymoon, we had to make it short and sweet due to the demands of the baseball season. We decided to escape to a picturesque beach resort, soaking up the sun and enjoying each other's company. It was a much-needed break, a chance to relax and reflect on the incredible journey that brought us to this point.

Now, let's talk about the wedding and the guests. Of course, I had to invite my teammates, those who have become like brothers to me. They've been there through the ups and downs, cheering me on and offering support in every step of my baseball career. It was a joyous occasion, seeing them celebrate with us, letting loose and enjoying the festivities. The camaraderie we share extends beyond the field, and I'm grateful for their friendship.

One of the most memorable moments of the wedding was when our catcher, Sal, gave an impromptu speech that had everyone in stitches. He has this incredible ability to lighten the mood and bring laughter to any situation. And then there was Calvin, our team's right fielder, who gave a heartfelt toast that brought tears to our eyes. It's moments like these that remind me of the bonds we've formed as a team, the memories we've created both on and off the field.

As the wedding day unfolded, I couldn't help but feel a sense of gratitude for the incredible journey I've been on. Baseball has brought me so much more than I ever imagined. It has given me a platform to pursue my passion, meet amazing people, and now, build a life with the woman I love.

But now, it's time to shift my focus back to the baseball season. The second half of the season is underway, and we have our sights set on the playoffs. I'm determined to do everything I can to help my team succeed. We've been through ups and downs this year, but I know we have what it takes to make a push for the championship.

In the midst of it all, I'm grateful for the support of Anna. She understands the demands of my career and has been my rock, cheering me on from the stands and providing unwavering encouragement. Having her by my side has made this journey even more fulfilling.

So, Diary, I hope you can forgive me for my absence. Life has a way of keeping us on our toes, and sometimes, writing takes a backseat. But I promise to make more time for you moving forward. There's so much more to share, and I don't want to miss capturing these precious moments.

The season has been a rollercoaster ride for our team so far. We currently hold a record of 40-49, sitting 9 games out of first place. It hasn't been the smoothest journey, but we're not giving up. We still have time to turn things around and make a push for the playoffs. I believe in our team's resilience and determination.

As for my personal performance, I've been pleased with my progress. In 81 games, I've accumulated 86 hits, including 15 doubles, 1 triple, and 10 home runs. I've driven in 45 runs, walked 23 times, and struck out 48 times. My batting average stands at .285, with an on-base percentage of .333 and a slugging percentage of .440. I'm contributing to the team's offense, and I aim to continue improving.

Off the field, I've been putting in the work to stay in top shape. The rigorous workouts and training sessions have become a crucial part of my routine. One aspect that has been particularly motivating is having Salvador Allende with us on an injury rehab assignment. Watching him work tirelessly to get back into form has been inspiring. His work ethic is unparalleled, and I've been fortunate to have the opportunity to learn from him.

Salvador's experience and knowledge of playing in the Brewster League have been invaluable. I've been picking his brain, asking questions, and soaking up as much information as possible. He's been generous with his advice, sharing insights and techniques that have helped him succeed. I'm grateful for his guidance and strive to apply what I've learned to enhance my game.

Playing in the Brewster League is a dream come true, and I'm fully committed to maximizing this opportunity. I understand the importance of constantly learning and evolving as a player, and having Salvador around has accelerated my growth. I'm determined to make the most of my time here and contribute to the success of the team.

There is still much work to be done in the second half of the season. We will continue to fight for every win, leaving everything on the field. I have faith in our team's ability to come together and turn the tide in our favor. We have the talent, the passion, and the drive to make a playoff run. We will keep pushing, one game at a time, knowing that every victory brings us closer to our goals.

I'll keep striving to improve my game and contribute to the team's success. The Brewster League is a highly competitive environment, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to showcase my skills on this stage. I'm focused on giving my all and making a positive impact, both on and off the field.

Here's to the second half of the season and the challenges that lie ahead. Let's go out there and give it our all!

- John

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 2055.03 - John Maggard Diary Entry - "I'm still here"

Post by Dington » Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:23 am

What a lucky guy to play in the best division in all of baseball. #heartland
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

chicoruiz
BBA GM

Post by chicoruiz » Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:31 pm

The “diary” format is always a pleasure to read, and probably underused in team news-dom.
( “In baseball you don’t know nothin’...” Yogi Berra)

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Post by RonCo » Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:57 am

At 70, the John/Anna thing is a real March/December romance.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

CTBrewCrew

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:52 am

sugha mama!

trmmilwwi
BBA GM

Post by trmmilwwi » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:40 am

Even still he married out of his league.
trmmilwwi - GM San Antonio Outlaws
MBWBA Manager of the Year FL 2010, JL 2016, JL 2018

CTBrewCrew

Post by CTBrewCrew » Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:55 pm

With the ladies he’s in…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”