2055.02 - An Interview with John Maggard

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2055.02 - An Interview with John Maggard

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:01 pm

Interviewer: Good evening, baseball fans! This is Bob Stevens, reporting live from BNN, the Brewster Baseball Network. I have the pleasure of being here today with the talented shortstop, John Maggard, who was drafted by the Madison Wolves in the first round of the 2053 Draft. John has been keeping a weekly diary over the last few years, chronicling his journey through the minors. This year, he was promoted to the Wolves' AAA team. John, welcome!

John Maggard: Thanks, Bob. Happy to be here!

Interviewer: John, let's dive right into your story. Over the past two years, you've shared many exciting moments with us through your diary. How has the journey been for you so far?

John Maggard: It's been quite a ride, Bob. From the moment I was drafted by the Wolves, I knew I had a lot of hard work ahead of me. The minor league experience was crucial in my development as a player. Each week, I shared my challenges, victories, and everything in between. It's been an incredible learning process.

Interviewer: We've been following your progress closely, John, and it's been inspiring to witness your growth. Among all the moments you've shared with us, what stands out as your most memorable?

John Maggard: That's a tough one, Bob. But if I had to choose, it would be the day I received the news of my promotion to the Wolves' AAA team. It was a dream come true. All the hard work and dedication paid off in that moment. I couldn't have been happier. It was a true milestone in my career.

Interviewer: That must have been an amazing feeling, John. Now, let's talk about your personal life. How do you manage to balance the demands of a professional baseball career and your personal relationships?

John Maggard: Balancing personal and professional aspects can be challenging, but it's essential. I'm fortunate to have a supportive family and friends who understand the commitments that come with this career. Communication and time management are key. It's important to make time for loved ones and maintain those connections, even during the busy baseball season.

Interviewer: That's great advice, John. Now, as you approach the upcoming season, what are your expectations? Any specific goals you've set for yourself?

John Maggard: Absolutely, Bob. My goal is to continue growing as a player and contribute to the success of the Wolves' AAA team. I want to showcase my skills, learn from experienced teammates, and keep pushing myself to reach the next level. Ultimately, my ultimate goal is to make it to the big leagues and contribute to the Wolves' success.

Interviewer: Well, John, we have no doubt that you'll achieve great things. The dedication and passion you've shown are remarkable.

John Maggard: First and foremost, I want to thank my fans and supporters for their unwavering belief in me. Your encouragement means the world. I'll continue to work hard and give my all on the field. It's an honor to represent the Wolves organization, and I won't let you down.

Interviewer: John, let's shift our focus to your personal life. With such a demanding baseball career, is there someone special in your life? How do you manage to maintain relationships while living away from home at such a young age?

John Maggard: Well, Bob, I'm lucky to have a supportive girlfriend named Anna. She understands the demands of my career and has been there for me throughout this journey. We make it a priority to communicate regularly, even if it means using video calls or texts to stay connected. It's not always easy, but we make it work.

Interviewer: That's wonderful to hear, John. It's crucial to have a strong support system. Speaking of being away from home, how do you manage living away from your family at such a young age? Is it challenging?

John Maggard: It was definitely an adjustment, Bob. Moving away from home at a young age was a big step, but it's part of the journey for many aspiring baseball players. Fortunately, I had the opportunity to live with a host family during my time in the minors, which helped ease the transition. They became like a second family to me, providing a supportive and nurturing environment. It's important to have a support system wherever you go.

Interviewer: That's great to hear that you had a supportive host family, John. Now, let's talk about your parents. How often do they get to come and watch you play? What role do they play in your baseball journey?

John Maggard: My parents have been incredibly supportive throughout my entire baseball journey, Bob. They try to attend as many of my games as possible, but distance and their own commitments can sometimes make it challenging. Nonetheless, their support is unwavering. They've been there for me every step of the way, cheering me on from home and attending games whenever they can. Their encouragement and belief in me have been instrumental in my success.

Interviewer: It's fantastic to have that kind of support from your parents, John. Their presence, whether physically or emotionally, must mean a lot to you. Thank you for sharing these personal insights with us. We wish you all the best in your career and personal life!

John Maggard: Thank you, Bob. I appreciate the opportunity. Go Wolves!

Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

Re: 2055.02 - An Interview with John Maggard

Post by Dington » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:51 pm

I certainly did not rank Maggard high in my top 10 Brewsters Babies because of his storytelling abilities…or did I?
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: 2055.02 - An Interview with John Maggard

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:51 pm

Lol - we need to get our top 10 compared and set up this podcast @Dington

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Madison Wolves”