2054.18 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 RoundUp

GM: Mike Simon

Moderator: CTBrewCrew

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

2054.18 - John Maggard Player Diary - Year 2 RoundUp

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:01 am

Hi there! My name is John Maggard and I am a 21 year old shortstop for the Burlington Big Eyed Fish, a Minor League Baseball team of the Madison Wolves. I was recently drafted in 2053 by the Madison Wolves and have been playing for the franchise for two years now. I have always loved the game of baseball, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to play professionally. It's been an exciting and challenging journey so far, and I wanted to document it by keeping a daily diary. I hope you enjoy reading about my experiences as I navigate life in the minor leagues and work towards my dream of making it to the big leagues.

August 26th, 2054

Dear Diary,

As the season for the Burlington Big Eyed Fish comes to a close, I can't help but feel a mix of emotions. We started off strong, but unfortunately finished the season with a record below .500, ending up in third place in our division. It's been a challenging season, but I'm proud of our efforts as a team.

Personally, I had my ups and downs this season. In terms of hitting, I struggled at times, but I managed to finish with a respectable batting average of .294 and lead the team in WAR. As for my fielding, I felt confident at shortstop and made some crucial plays, but there's always room for improvement.

Our team's pitchers had their moments, but overall, our ERA ranked 14th in the league, which shows that there's room for improvement in that area as well. Tony Tighe and Mauro Pérez were our reliable starters, but we struggled with consistency in our bullpen.

One positive note for me this season is that I played in more games than I did last year at shortstop, which is a step in the right direction for my career. I've been working hard to improve my skills and contribute to the team's success.

One of the best parts of this season has been the friendships I've built with my teammates. I've bonded with a couple of players in particular, like Tommy Ramirez and Marcus Johnson. We often hang out outside of the field, grab dinner, and share stories and laughs. Some of my favorite memories from this season are the inside jokes and team pranks we pulled on each other during road trips. It's been a great experience to be part of such a supportive and fun group of guys.

Looking ahead, I'm hopeful for what the future holds. I'm aiming to make it to the AAA club in South Bend next year and continue to improve my skills. I'll be working hard in the offseason to stay in shape and be ready for the challenges that lie ahead. I'm also looking forward to reuniting with my teammates next season and pushing ourselves to achieve better results as a team.

All in all, it's been a rollercoaster season for the Burlington Big Eyed Fish, but I'm grateful for the opportunities and memories I've made. Here's to a bright future and more exciting baseball adventures!

Yours truly,
John Maggard, SS for the Burlington Big Eyed Fish.

Return to “Madison Wolves”