2059.2 - Letter to Fergie from Jenks (dated 4/8/59)

GM: Renato Umali

Moderator: R.Umali

R.Umali
BBA GM

2059.2 - Letter to Fergie from Jenks (dated 4/8/59)

Post by R.Umali » Sat May 11, 2024 2:17 pm

Dear Fergie,

In honor of Stevie Bodine's first of many Opening Day starts (I hope for your sake), I bequeath to you my ungraded 2055 Meteor Future Star card of the man hisself.

This was back when he was pitching for the Staples. The 2055 Meteor set is not the greatest by any means, and I think Kayla drew some lines on it probably tracing for some of her comic books. Bottom line: the card ain't worth much but even if it was mint it'll probably only go for $2 maybe $5 in Chicago. Market on him dipped a bit when he got sent back down last season. But if he goes out and wins a Steve Nebraska this year then maybe even this card goes for $5 maybe $10. So don't lose it! And find that rookie card no matter what!!! I'm going to kill you if you're using it as a bookmark. Use a freakin' Falchonelli if you're going to do that. Heh heh - he'll be great for you guys if he can stay on the field.

Bodine did look sharp against Brewmeister Cole. Too bad he couldn't get the win.

But Todd Tatlock delivering with the walk-off single in the 10th?! Sellout crowd at Vinnie Vitale?! Man, baseball. I'll have to dig up some of TNT's cards. I'm pretty sure I've got the entire 2051 Crawdads championship team. Oh, and Melucci hitting 4 homers? Hell, I might take up jkulo if he keeps that up! If those two guys can stay healthy maybe you get a winning season ... finally.

I did see that Mike Baker got displaced as the closer. Good decision but I feel bad for him. I read last year that the guy was on the spectrum like Kayla. That's why he gives those real short funny answers all the time. I'm surprised Rocky stayed with him all last season, though. I don't think he ever had a clean save once. Now you got a closer by committee. My bet is on Motuha Kalinda seizing the job.

Won't say too much about my Jimmies. Except that we're looking at a 162-0 season right about now. Heh heh.

Give my love to pappap. I know he must be super excited for the Vets game.

Your bro,

Jenks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sim notes:

4-2 to a 4-2 record, 3-way tie for 2nd, 2 games behind the Bluebirds.

Joe Sloth Melucci had only 5 hits but 4 were HR. Gilberto Falchonelli went 6 for 19 with 2 HR, 5 RBI, and 4 R. And Stevie Bodine went 1-0 in 2 starts, allowing only 2 ER in 15.1, walking 1 and striking out 8.

JRamirez
BBA GM

Re: 2059.2 - Letter to Fergie from Jenks (dated 4/8/59)

Post by JRamirez » Sat May 11, 2024 3:13 pm

Des Moines coming your way for the next series.
Cairo Pharaohs (GBC), 2058 offseason
Des Moines Kernels, 2058 Spring training II and onwards

R.Umali
BBA GM

Re: 2059.2 - Letter to Fergie from Jenks (dated 4/8/59)

Post by R.Umali » Sat May 11, 2024 3:51 pm

JRamirez wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 3:13 pm
Des Moines coming your way for the next series.
Just saw that you signed Albert Krant. He started 31 games for us last season but would not listen to any talk of extension.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Chicago Black Sox”