Dington
GB: Recruiting & Development Director

The Nest | 55.09 | Bugbie Back with Bluebirds

Post by Dington » Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:11 pm

Bugbie Back with Bluebirds

November 14, 2055
by Banjo Jackson
Nashville, TN

In GM Chad Nason’s first year at the helm of Nashville’s front office, he made a cunning deal with the Vegas Hustlers that sent a couple of young pitching prospects to Nashville in Adrian Custello and Scott Bugbie. The duo would become two bright spots in Nashville’s attempt to build a strong foundation of the future. Though Bugbie never lived up to his full potential and Custello was devastated with an elbow injury, they both had a significant impact on the Bluebirds. Here was the trade:

Bugbie would see his time in the rotation come to an end in 2049 and placed into the bullpen. After becoming a free agent, Nashville would sign Bugbie to a minor league deal where he spent most of his time in the bullpen and had moderate success, though it seemed his big league days were behind him.

“I got called into the skipper’s office at the end of 2055 season,” said Bugbie. “I thought it was over. I went into the office with my head hanging and expecting to be asked if I had plans after my playing days were over. Davey said ‘pack your things’ and my heart fell to the floor. Then he hit me with the ‘you’re going back to Nashville’ and I about lost my damn mind.”

LHP Scott Bugbie

In need of a spot starter to allow the regulars rest prior to the postseason, Bugbie got the nod on the hill for two games, winning both. Each 7 IP with 5 K and 2 ER, and more importantly 0 BB. Bugbie has struggled with his control in recent years, so his command was a bright spot and earned a spot on the roster for 2056. Bugbie will likely pitch out of the bullpen, but still has the ability to spot start or be used as an opener. His versatility along with excellent movement on his pitches was seen as valuable by the front office, even if his best days are behind him.
Nashville Bluebirds GM
HOW I BUILD A WINNING TEAM <---Click
Kuwait City GM 2042-43
2043 UMEBA United Cup Champion*

RonCo
GB: JL Frontier Division Director

Re: The Nest | 55.09 | Bugbie Back with Bluebirds

Post by RonCo » Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:50 pm

I'd lose my damn mind if someone told me I had to go to Nashville, too.
GM: Bikini Krill
Nothing Matters But the Pacific Pennant
Roster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Nashville Bluebirds”