Slugger Shavings 2059.8 - The Fall of Wu

GM: Brian Pinnell

Moderator: RT60

RT60
BBA GM

Slugger Shavings 2059.8 - The Fall of Wu

Post by RT60 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:27 pm

Even though Louisville hasn't been competing for any free agents that cost money, there has been plenty of drama so far this offseason. The first installment of that drama was what the fans are now calling "Isa-gate" where Assistant GM Dong Wu apparently succumbed to temptation instead of offering Khayyat Isa an extension, allowing Isa to file for free agency. The second installment came the next day, where GM BP informed Wu that his services are no longer needed. Rumor has it that GM BP has been frustrated with Wu ever since the team began its nosedive to the cellar, and Isa-gate simply proved to be the last straw.

"I guess I deserve it," said Wu. "I enjoyed my time in Louisville, though I admit I often felt over my head. I know they are going to rebound and it won't be because of me."

GM BP wasted no time finding a replacement for Wu, leading many to think this was planned for some time. A quick and perfunctory news conference was held at the Truck Plant to announce the hiring of Cristo Beltran as the new Assistant GM of the Sluggers. Beltran was last Assistant GM for Jacksonville for over a decade, and San Fernando before that. Jacksonville particularly did well during his tenure there. Why he was out of work for the last two seasons is a mystery, but Sluggers fans are hoping this move will pay off.

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Re: Slugger Shavings 2059.8 - The Fall of Wu

Post by recte44 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:24 pm

Louisville has gotta be primed for a turnaround. One of those franchises that was always good back in the day.

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Re: Slugger Shavings 2059.8 - The Fall of Wu

Post by lordtoffee » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:05 pm

recte44 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:24 pm
Louisville has gotta be primed for a turnaround. One of those franchises that was always good back in the day.
I think Louisville is getting there. They have some pitching prospects to work with, a good draft spot, and have some wiggle room with their cap.
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Louisville Sluggers”