Blowing in the Wind 2055.7: Jacksonville Makes Playoffs

GM: Aaron Weiner

Moderator: aaronweiner

aaronweiner
BBA GM

Blowing in the Wind 2055.7: Jacksonville Makes Playoffs

Post by aaronweiner » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:16 am

https://statspl.us/brewster/reports/new ... eam_3.html

It's September, and fans can now look forward to the classic rock favorite "Rock You Like a Hurricane" in the first game of the Atlantic City set, coming up in two days at The Station at CSX Field. That's the tradition in Jacksonville when they make the playoffs, and that's precisely what happened yesterday. Despite a 14-2 loss to the Montreal Blazers on the road, the Hurricanes maintained their nine game lead over the Calgary Pioneers for the last wild card spot - and they'll be dancing in October to the Scorpions.

"It's a little lucky that we've managed to clinch a wild card with 85 wins, but sometimes you get lucky like that," said Jacksonville manager Khayyid bin Luqman, who will be making his first BBA playoff appearance. "We've got a veteran team who's been there before and a lot of guys who know how to act, and so I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do in the playoffs."

Despite good luck, this season is one to celebrate for Jacksonville. The Hurricanes ended one of the more productive playoff runs in the history of the BBA in 2040, and since then they've been mostly below .500 and had just four playoff appearances in fourteen seasons. The franchise made a big deal of contending this offseason with a bucketload of cash to spend, and they appear to have spent it well, with Bernie Stuart a solid Steve Nebraska Award candidate and Pedro Guzman absolutely raking for the team since his trade from Portland.

"This is a complete team and a lot of fun to play for," said Stuart. "Our pitching staff is so deep, and so talented, and we've got some sluggers out there picking us up. I feel like we could go into October and really contend."

The Hurricanes will likely play either the Mexico City Aztecs or the Montreal Blazers in the Geoghegan round, but odds are they're hoping for Montreal; the Hurricanes are 8-5 against the Blazers, while they're a woeful 1-7 against Mexico City this season.

"We're just excited to be here and back in the playoffs," said closer Alejandro Chavez. "They call me Mr. October for a reason, and it's been awkward ending my season in September."

RT60
BBA GM

Re: Blowing in the Wind 2055.7: Jacksonville Makes Playoffs

Post by RT60 » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:14 am

Well done getting back. The team could surprise!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Jacksonville Zombies”