Brooklyn State of Mind: Bullock Has Decent Debut Season in Pro Ball (2056.3)

GM: Ben Heuring

Moderator: lordtoffee

lordtoffee
BBA GM

Brooklyn State of Mind: Bullock Has Decent Debut Season in Pro Ball (2056.3)

Post by lordtoffee » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:08 pm

Teddy Bullock was the Robins top draft choice this summer, and at the age of 16 is probably going to be one of the youngest first overall draft picks in the BBA for quite some time. But despite not having a track record in high school or college to speak of in any capacity, Bullock was given the nod because he has potential to be a great power hitter, and his defensive potential is that of a solid if unspectacular outfielder. So the fact that he hit .241 and didn't look horrifically out of his depth against competition that is older than he is and has more experience is a good first step.

Robins Chief Baseball Officer Ben Heuring was asked about the minor league system and Bullock, he was cautiously excited. "Teddy has been doing good, especially considering that a lot of guys in rookie ball are going to be older than him. So while I understand that there might have been some in the BBA community who were surprised at the move to pick him, our scouting team and minor league coaches have been impressed with how he has handled himself. With Frank also being young, our minor league system will need to be improved upon via the draft and the offseason to get us higher up in the system ratings, as well as bolstering the Robins at the ML level with a couple of moves. My staff and I have some things in the frying pan, but won't say what they are out loud for professional reasons."
Chief Baseball Officer- Brooklyn Robins

The Rebuilding Will Continue Until the Robins improve.

Return to “Brooklyn Robins”