Papyrus 2059 : 10 - Wan-ling Koo signed

GM: VACANT
JRamirez
BBA GM

Papyrus 2059 : 10 - Wan-ling Koo signed

Post by JRamirez » Sat May 04, 2024 12:23 pm

So, I finally signed a big bat, Wan-ling Koo, who completes our outfield, which has Koo in right, Peyton center, and recently signed Fu Manchu Li in left. That leaves Boulus bin Altair, #2 GBC prospect and who's been excelling all off season, without a fulltime job.

Unlike other big names that I tried to sign, like third baseman Mal Fountain and reliever Rodney Keeley, this offer stuck. I don't recall the second year being a player's option, as I have signed almost all my free agents to a two-year straight deal. I hope Koo re-signs. If we do as well as preliminary predictions indicate, we'll have a good season and he'll want to re-up. Altair was predicted to hit 36 home runs with his 8 power rating, so it is hard to sit him. Koo has a 9 power against lefties, so I like him in the lineup.

The predictions also had the Pharaohs with the best staff in the league, 656 runs against and a 3.61 ERA. That really surprises me, and the I signed only one starter (Afzul Chishti) and one reliever of so-so performance, Gary Powers. The game lists Powers as a GBC starter, even though he's got only one and half pitches. The pre-season report has him appearing in 53 games and throwing 273 innings! I know he's an Iron Man, but yeah. He'll be in the pen and won't have his closer job for long if he fu*ks up.

Powers did already successfully complete Improve Pitching Defense at the Sphinx's Lair. I moved Manchu Li into his spot at the training center to work on his Baserunning Fundamentals, because I expect him to be on base a lot. I could of stuck Wan-ling Koo in there to work on defense. I didn't want mess with karma.
Cairo Pharaohs (GBC), 2058 offseason
Des Moines Kernels, 2058 Spring training II and onwards

Jwalk100
GB: FL Pacific Division Director

Re: Papyrus 2059 : 10 - Wan-ling Koo signed

Post by Jwalk100 » Sat May 04, 2024 12:53 pm

Koo Koo Ka Chew!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Cairo Pharaohs”