1 Sep 2055
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Current:
Buenos Aires Brisas 52-83 33.5 GB L10: 2-8 Strk: L4

August:
Buenos Aires Brisas 8-19 .296 L10: 2-8
Longest win streak: 3
Longest loss streak: 11
Best win: 1-0, v Tokyo, 8/3 (SP Alberto Castaneda, GS, 7 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 1 K)
Worst loss: 4-10 @Tokyo, 8/15 (P Bernie Lum, 11 G, 16.1 IP, 15 ER, 3 HR, 8.27 ERA, 8 BB, 13 K)

Like July (recapped here, August was streaky. Only "not good" streaky and "very long" streaky. Including an 11-game losing streak, Buenos Aires went 3-18 after August 10th. The team was swept by Tokyo, Cairo, Athens, then Tokyo again. The team actually started the month by winning 3 of 4 from Tokyo and then swept Jerusalem in 2 games, but it was way downhill after that. Downhill fast. And steep. "I'm in shock and I know there are a lot of players in the same shape. Plus being pissed off whether it's at themselves or the situation as a whole. There is tension in the locker room I won't deny that. No team ever has fun playing a month of baseball like this," said GM Ben Teague.

New Answers
Q: IS P Jeremy Donahue a starter? Can he please start? Can he hold it together for 4-5 innings at least?
A: Ok. We can definitively state that Donahue is meant for the bullpen. Most of the time. I mean, it's still spotty, but he has been given every chance to serve in the rotation and hasn't capitalized. He's a great reliever so it's not a total loss, but he has the profile of a really good starter. Sine his winning start in Jerusalem on the 7th where he gave up 1 run in a 6-2 victory, Donahue surrendered 2, 5, 5, and 6 runs with most coming before the 4th inning.

Q: What is the team going to look like when 19 of the 40 men on the Active Roster move on from Buenos Aires after the season?
A: The outlook is rocky. However, we learned this week that Teague and his staff and been successful in convincing some of the outgoing to players to stick around at least another year. That's not a small commitment in these circumstances.

Q: Can 1B Odemar Lock get a little of his form back after a change of scenery?
A: Seems so. With Beunos Aires, Lock has raised his batting avg 25 points and hit 8 HR in July and 6 in August so he's back to masher mode.

New Questions
Q: Can the Brisas just find a combo of rotation and bullpen that clicks on this team?
The best answer for now is no. Roster expansion will give Buenos Aires fans more arms to look at, but with losing so many players to FA this offseason it's simply impossible to predict the route Teague takes to evolve the team more at the foundation.

Q: Can Teague successfully build up the Brisas franchise in the GBC?
Not sure...and that's not necessarily a shot at Teague's coaching abilities. There is virtually no trading in such a small league as the GBC which leaves very few avenues to build as normal. Teague has said, "I'm not here to hold the fort down and I'm not here to contain a fire. I'm here to win championships with the buy-in of the guys in that locker room. But we are trying to do what not a lot of teams have done in the GBC and that's build from last place to a legitimate contender."
Ben Teague, GM Boise Spuds
2834-3334, .459 PCT (6,168 games, 47 seasons)
12 Playoff Appearances, 1 Championship, 2 GM of the Year

Former BBA GM: Many (Monty Brewster Memorial Series champion: 1997)
Former GBC GM: Jerusalem, Buenos Aires

Boise Home Page (roster, prospects, etc.)

Return to “Buenos Aires Brisas”