Hold My Log - 57.41 - Wilson Pens Letter to Players

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

Hold My Log - 57.41 - Wilson Pens Letter to Players

Post by 7teen » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:38 am

A recent letter written by Portland Lumberjacks General Manager Chris Wilson to his players has recently leaked to the media....
Dear Players,
It appears for the 5th consecutive season we are not going to make it to the post-season. With that said, I'd like to commend you on some better play this season. While we have lost 90 or more games in each of the last 3 seasons, your play to this point has us on the path to stay below that 90 loss total and you still have a shot at pulling out a .500 season with solid play over the last two months. With some prospect help on the horizon, I think we can be a post-season squad in the near future.

But that is not the intent of this letter I am writing you. I am writing you a letter to tell you to stop writing me emails demanding trades! For what it is worth, all of your asses have been on the trade block for quite some time and no one wants you! Have some of you ever considered that? We would love to send you to another team and acquire more pieces for those future guys we think can compete but there isn't interest in you. Wilson Alomar, we know you are unhappy with your role as a "so-called part-time player." But let's back up and think for a minute. No one wanted you this winter. That's right, no one. We signed you after the season started because you wanted some cash in your pocket. Especially after sitting out all of 2055 because no one wanted you then. So what makes you think we can trade you now? How about you just be happy to be making some salary and still playing on a regular basis and quit being greedy.

Same for you, Colm. You don't have to write us letting us know you're unhappy. We're unhappy with you as well. No one wants you either. Remember you got cut last year by Vegas and no one came calling after that. But who called this spring? Us. Be grateful!

And Chelsav, we've tried buddy. We actually think you are a valuable commodity and have tried trading you as well. I mean you're 10-4 with a 3.32 ERA and a 1.20 WHIP and WAR just outside the top 5 in the JL.
We'd think someone would want you for cheap as a bottom of the rotation guy. But no one has called. And I mean, no one. Perhaps we don't understand the trade market these days.

As for the rest of you, don't bother asking. No one wants you. You either make too much money or you aren't better than their current option. Just remember who gave you your shot down the road when we are the only team offering you money for an extension or a contract over the off-season.

Sincerely yours,
Chris Wilson
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09