Hold My Log - 57.19 - Players of April

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

Hold My Log - 57.19 - Players of April

Post by 7teen » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:48 pm

The first month of the season has come and gone and it saw Portland come out hot out of the gate, posting a 15-10 overall record for April. Most predictions had Portland down at the bottom of the Frick and Pacific League standings, and while that could still happen and is very likely to do so, a 15-10 start is definitely a nice bonus for the fans.

Here are the top players that helped boost the team to that solid start:

Top Hitter
CF Pedro Rosales
It was a close race between Rosales and Pedro Bustamante but I’m going to give Rosales the edge due to his HR and RBI totals. That’s not to say the rest of numbers were bad. Rosales hit .306/.346/.684 in April with a team high 6 home runs and team high 25 runs batted in. He also topped the team with 21 runs scored. “It’s a lot better start than the one I had last year” said Rosales of his play in the first month. Rosales posted a negative WAR through the first month of the season but rebounded to still put up a 2.5 overall WAR for the season. Hopefully a better start this season will allow that WAR total to reach the marks he established during his time in Montreal and make that contract last season worth it for a CF.

Top Pitcher of the Month
Cheslav Evgrafov
After a TN about Evgrafov earlier in the season, he continued solid performances on the mound. Evgrafov finished April with a 4-0 record and 2.38 earned run average. He pitched 34 innings for the month, striking out 20 and walking just 4 for the month. Evgrafov currently leads the team in wins, ERA, and WHIP. His 1.2 WAR leads the team. “He’s been a great signing for us” commented GM Chris Wilson. “It would be nice if he could duplicate his April again in May, June, July, August, and September.”

Top Reliever of the Month
Kent Grange
More on Grange to come…..

Bum of the Month
Umayr Suhayl
It’s never a good sign when you’re already the mop-up, long reliever in the bullpen and then you claim the top bum award. Suhayl probably has no business even being on our big league roster and I need to just send him down or drop him all together. If you squint, you might say a 1-1 record with 1 save isn’t bum worthy. But when you throw 16.2 innings in April, allow 21 hits, 13 runs, walk 5, and surrender 4 home runs, you’re pretty much worthy of the title “bum”. He finished with a 7.02 ERA and the team’s worst WAR at -0.3.
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50