Hold My Log - 57.09 - Arredondo Caps off Rally in 1st Sim with Team

GM: Chris Wilson

Moderator: 7teen

7teen
BBA GM

Hold My Log - 57.09 - Arredondo Caps off Rally in 1st Sim with Team

Post by 7teen » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:49 am

The stitching on the back of Francisco Arredondo's road Lumberjacks jersey barely had time to take hold before the 37 year-old veteran second baseman endured himself to the Portland faithful. His RBI single Thursday night capped off a comeback in San Fernando that gave Portland a come from behind 6-4 victory over the Bears.

"We'll kick back tonight and enjoy this win" Arredondo was quoted as saying after the game. Playing in just his 5th game with Portland after inking a 1 year, $1.5 million deal last week, Arredondo went 1-3 in the contest but the 1 hit was a big one.

Portland fell behind early in the contest when starter Franklin Badger allowed 4 runs in the bottom of the 1st inning that gave the Bears an early 4-1 lead. The Lumberjacks chipped away at the deficit in the 6th thanks to a 2-run homer by Pedro Bustamante. Aires Penheranda's solo shot in the following inning tied the game at 4-4. The game remained tied heading to the 9th. Penheranda led the inning off with a double and that was win Arredondo came to the plate.

"With the go ahead run at 2B and no one out" Arredondo said, "I was just looking to get Aires to 3B and let the next guy do what was needed to give us the lead. But I got a pitch I liked on the inner half of the plate and did my thing."

Arredondo pulled the pitch down the 3B line. By the time the ball was done rattling in the left field corner, Penheranda had given the team a 5-4 lead and Francisco was standing safely at 2B. He'd score 3 batters later giving Portland a 6-4 lead and provided the final margin of victory for the visiting squad.

"Frankly, I was worried no one was going to give me a chance this year" said Arredondo after the game. Francisco missed all of 2055 with out an offer and then played in just 77 games last year with Twin Cities. "Just to be given the chance to get game winning hits is satisfaction enough. Hopefully I can make the most of my time here in Portland."
Chris Wilson

LB Surfers 95-96
FL Pac Champs: 95

Madison Wolves 99-2039
JL MW: 99-2009, 17, 20, 21
JL WC: 12
JL: 01, 04, 09, 12
FL Heartland: 32
FL WC: 31, 33
BBA Champs: 04, 09

Portland Lumberjacks 2040-
FL Pacific: 50