2059.25 Flight Log-Looking back at November 7, 2058

GM: Nathan Garrison

Moderator: Krathan

Krathan
BBA GM

2059.25 Flight Log-Looking back at November 7, 2058

Post by Krathan » Sat May 11, 2024 1:12 pm

Flight Log.png
In this edition of Flight Log, we look back at the unique day that was November 7, 2058 and its impact on the baseball world.

News outlets had been reporting on it for months. Businesses were announcing they would be closed. Everyone was excited for the most unusual cosmic event that would ever occur. Sure, there had been total solar eclipses before, but this one was different. Scientists had explained the details many times but the basic idea was that during the eclipse, people would be able to see multiple planets lighting up the sky, and, unexpectedly, Haley’s comet would be visible three years earlier than it should have been. Then, that night, there was to be a full moon, and a never before seen worldwide aurora borealis.

Scientists were interviewed over and over and they assured the public that there was nothing to worry about when all of this happened on the same day. Despite those assurances, over the following days and weeks, many people indicated that they felt odd throughout the day. Many reported lasting effects such as diminished energy, vision, and strength among other things.

Several of the people complaining were professional baseball players in the Brewster Baseball Association and its affiliated minor leagues.

John Rasmussen III of the Charlotte Flyers had this to say in the aftermath of the cosmic event. “Yeah. I don’t know. For some reason, it just feels like I don’t have the same stuff I used to have. And the ball just doesn’t move like it used to. It’s harder to throw it where I want it to go. It’s weird man. Like especially my curveball and my splitter. The weirdest thing is probably that I feel like my slider is better now. Like, how does that happen? One pitch gets better but everything else goes in the toilet? I guess I just kind of hope everyone is dealing with this shit, man.”

We also spoke with outfielder Fuad Demirel who said “It’s just sort a general feeling of not being quite as comfortable with baseball I guess. I feel like I’m just a little less of everything I guess. It’s so strange. Based on what I’m hearing from other guys, I guess everyone is basically feeling this way. I kind of have to trust myself and not get in my head about it. We’ll see what happens when we all get back to playing everyday again.”

Closer Alejandro Chavez said “It’s so weird. My fastball has more life. It’s definitely better than it was before but…but I don’t know. Even though my fastball is better, I feel like my stuff is actually worse overall. I know that doesn’t make sense…but it’s how it feels.”

Top Charlotte prospect Jacquot Natta shared his similar experiences. “I can definitely throw the ball harder, like from 3rd to 1st. Not pitching though. So, my circle change and slider are a little better now but…everything else…from pitch recognition at the plate to pitch location on the mound is just…different. It’s, I don’t know…foggy, maybe? It’s hard to explain but it definitely feels different now. But, I guess I just have to trust that I’m still that guy who has been successful all this time. I can’t start questioning my ability all of a sudden.”

Other players from around the league have reported similar issues. Scouting reports have started coming in reflecting this new reality. Pitcher stuff, movement, and control are down across the league. Batter contact, power, and eye are down as well. Fans have been taking notice and interest around the league has been waning. Teams are trying to figure out how to deal with these new developments. Uncertainty among scouts and front office personnel seems to be rampant.

Now, we are about to see how all of this actually plays out on a baseball field. The new season is underway and the next six months will go a long way toward helping us all find out what this means for competitive baseball. Will the play on the field still be exciting? Will the fans still come out to the stadium to see these players compete? Soon, we will have our answers.
Krathan (Nathan)
Cairo Pharaos GM 2055 (2055 GBC Champion)
Charlotte Cougars/Flyers GM Sept. 2055-??? (2058 JL Wildcard)

JRamirez
BBA GM

Re: 2059.25 Flight Log-Looking back at November 7, 2058

Post by JRamirez » Sat May 11, 2024 2:04 pm

ah, I get it, the affect of the heavens on ballplayers. at least they didn't all get zombified!
Cairo Pharaohs (GBC), 2058 offseason
Des Moines Kernels, 2058 Spring training II and onwards

CTBrewCrew
GB: FL Heartland Division Director

Re: 2059.25 Flight Log-Looking back at November 7, 2058

Post by CTBrewCrew » Sat May 11, 2024 4:09 pm

The BBA has joined the multi verse!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Charlotte Flyers”