Opening Day!!! TN vol. 3 2059

GM: Josh Brodsky

Moderator: Jim Leyritz

Jim Leyritz
GBC GM

Opening Day!!! TN vol. 3 2059

Post by Jim Leyritz » Sat May 11, 2024 7:16 pm

Opening Day is such an exciting day for everyone involved in baseball. First cracks of the bats first pop of the mits, first hot dogs eaten since last fall.

The Sydney Sharks are looking to have an exciting year with stalwarts Mohammed Bin Mus'ad crushing balls on offense and Niegloslaw Woywitka shutting opposing teams down. They also have some new faces joining them, looking to get this organization back to contending for championships with that bad taste of losing in 9 games in the Championship series in '56.

OutfielderJamal Bin Majd is also excited to get back to baseball as he said in an interview, 'I'm sick of not being on the field and helping my team. In the off season I went through a rigorous training regime to hopefully keep me on the field helping this team win.' He has dealt with injuries the past couple seasons but looking to get back to being on the field throughout the season and showing the Sharks fans what he's capable of in a full season of play.

Knowing how the past couple of seasons have gone the Sharks front office has taken steps to add some depth to the OF, just in case there are injuries. The Sharks signed OF's Fred Madden and Min Tae Kim in the offseason.

Fred Madden is looking to redeem himself after what he has said 'has been a disappointing career so far.' The Sharks are giving him an opportunity to do that in the GBC, which is just what his career might need.

Min Tae Kim looking to help the OF situation also and will be a mainstay at the top of the Sharks lineup. With his speed, he can turn singles into doubles, which is something the Sharks organization has encouraged.

There is also a young 24 year old OF by the name of Jose Marquez who will be looking to have a breakout year and bring this organization to glory.

The Sharks also revamped their pitching. We mentioned Woywitka, well there is also SP Richard Balgera who is looking to improve upon his 2058 season.

Dan Grigoras, Alexander King, David williams are all free agent signings added to the starting rotation.

Woywitka 6'4"
Balgera 6'8"
Grigoras 6'7"
King 6'9"
Williams 6'6"

This rotation is the tallest rotation in the GCB.

Then we have a re-vamped bullpen with Diprose as our anchor. But, boy do we have some pitching depth with the signings of Ioriatti, Alex Leon and Grigore Balas looking to make the late innings of a game, shut down innings.

Ladies and Gentleman(and kids), your 2059 Sydney Sharks

forcarrying
GBC GM

Re: Opening Day!!! TN vol. 3 2059

Post by forcarrying » Sun May 12, 2024 3:04 am

Some top players in this Sydney team, Niegloslaw Woywitka and Balgera is a seriously good 1-2 punch.

Jim Leyritz
GBC GM

Post by Jim Leyritz » Sun May 12, 2024 5:05 pm

Well good start to the season. I forgot how good this offense was, especially with some additions to it, since I was mostly focused on getting my pitching in order for most of the offseason.

recte44
GB: Commissioner

Post by recte44 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:05 pm

They could battle some Australian basketball teams

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Sydney Sharks”